10R80 issues - P0C29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
just got a call that the warranty company offered to install a used transmission.. WTF? can they do that? He's waiting to hear back after uploading his work order.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Do you mean remanufactured? Surly not a junk yard trans. I’d still want a new factory one.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Start by checking the fluid level. It’s very easy to under or overfill these transmissions, and you’ll end up with the symptoms of erratic shifting and engagement as well as overheating.

The transmission fluid needs to be 206-215 degrees F as verified by the gauge or a scan too before taking a reading. If it’s at average operating temp (175-195) it will read low, resulting in overfilling and aerated fluid.
I find I can never get my trans over 180 while driving. Any tips?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I would be okay with reman. Still waiting for details from the warranty company.
A lot of times aftermarket warranty companies will source the lowest cost part, which could be from a low mileage wreck. Their warranty terms allow quite a lot of leeway in their favor. Read the fine print before going too much further. I’ve had both mfgr ESP and aftermarket and mfgr is far superior. at least a reman. through the mfgr ESP, like @FordTechOne said, will have all the current parts.

If they’re going to cut you $ for a used one and it’s a portion of the Ford reman., take the $$$ and buy the Ford new or reman unit. Don’t cheap out because your insurance cheaps out. Every Jen Too owner who bought new shelled out over 60 large for their truck, with relatively few exceptions. A few grand to keep her running is a pittance. Yes it sucks to have to pay it, but buy once, cry once.