10R80 issues - P0C29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find I can never get my trans over 180 while driving. Any tips?
As mentioned by NorCal, needs to be loaded to get the TFT that high. Some people have reportedly got it to that temp by idling for extended periods.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its still one of the most ponderous details in the F150 maintenance world. How the heck does the dealer get the temp up to 206-215? Hook it up to a 7000lb uhaul and drive it up a man made hill out back, let it idle for 2 hours, power brake it for 5 mins, do donuts in a field? lol Its definitely not driving it around for 5 mins. Then once you service the transmission the fluid temps will be drastically lower so how do you know how far up on the dipstick to fill to. Id really love an explanation on how this is done, it just seems like a lot of dealers and DIYers would totally botch this procedure. It might be no too difficult in a hot garage in Houston in August, but I can't imagine this being an easy task in Montana in January. lol :D

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
Updated yesterday, claim is going to the big bosses at the warranty company. My advisor is awesome and isn’t budging, but did price haggle a little. Almost 10k for a new trans.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its still one of the most ponderous details in the F150 maintenance world. How the heck does the dealer get the temp up to 206-215? Hook it up to a 7000lb uhaul and drive it up a man made hill out back, let it idle for 2 hours, power brake it for 5 mins, do donuts in a field? lol Its definitely not driving it around for 5 mins. Then once you service the transmission the fluid temps will be drastically lower so how do you know how far up on the dipstick to fill to. Id really love an explanation on how this is done, it just seems like a lot of dealers and DIYers would totally botch this procedure. It might be no too difficult in a hot garage in Houston in August, but I can't imagine this being an easy task in Montana in January. lol :D
Agreed dude, my guess is getting it up close to 180-200 and using Kentucky windage. I mean how much can 20 degrees effect fluid expansion?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed dude, my guess is getting it up close to 180-200 and using Kentucky windage. I mean how much can 20 degrees effect fluid expansion?
If its really that sensitive to a 20 degree difference with the amount of fluid you put in....I never want any part in servicing this thing.