1.5” Collars vs 1.0” Eibach springs, I HAVE USED BOTH…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2021 Oxford
2022 Atlas Blue
2023 Avalanche
2023 Oxford (again)

I am a white truck guy. I think the white with dark contrast wheels speak to me. I'd love black or AMB, but my OCD will not like keeping those clean. Atlas Blue surprised me, I ended up liking it much more than I expected to.

Avalanche wasn't my favorite. It's a unique color for sure, but it always looked dirty to me.
Atlas is an awesome color. Did you get sick of it?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atlas is an awesome color. Did you get sick of it?
No it was a great color, especially when the sun hit just right. Unfortunately it had the front shock noises and I was able to get the dealership to replace one side, but it was going to be a fight to get them all replaced. By that point in the repairs, my Avalanche order arrived so I decided to bail on the 2022 and start over.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I ended up getting RPG collars installed yesterday.

My dealer and local truck shops all suggested collars vs springs. So I went with their recommendation. I am happy to report that my truck came out prefect. I have 3/4 tank of gas and my front is lower than my rear. I am happy with its looks.

Many people have said collars ride like stock. That is somewhat true. I personally thought "normal" suspension mode was too soft for daily driving. In normal mode, when I drive, I can see my passengers all moving around as the truck swayed...lol. So I usually drive in baja mode to keep my passengers more level during turns.

To me, the RPG coil spacer makes the truck in NORMAL suspension mode, feel like its sport suspension mode. Maybe even at Baja suspension mode firmness...

I have not had a chance to run into a dip or launch off anything at speed to feel/hear that "top out" or whatever it was called, that others reported. But so far, it sitting level and rides much like sport mode feels. I look forward to taking this on the trail to see how that feels.

If they dont work out, I will try springs next. But so far, I am happy with the collars.

This is a bad photo to use. The driveway is slanted. But thats about how it looks now. I need some bigger tires!

IMG_2879.jpeg

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely need bigger tires.
I want 37's but I dont want KO2's. They look too skinny to me. Looking at 37" KM3's but worried they might look skinny like a 37 KO2 does. I also wouldn't mind trying a Toyo or Nitto 37 if I could fit the spare where it it. But I dont think either the Toyo or Nitto 37 RT tire will fit in the spare location. Going in circles trying to choose a wheel and tire.