What do ya think of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I think cutting out SVT on mirror blanks would place too many SVT's in such a small area of the vehicle. It wouldn't look well thought out or properly designed. It is a good idea but placement is just not the best IMO.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I think cutting out SVT on mirror blanks would place too many SVT's in such a small area of the vehicle. It wouldn't look well thought out or properly designed. It is a good idea but placement is just not the best IMO.

:poopstorm::blam::poopstorm::blam::poopstorm::blam::poopstorm:

HarleyGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another SVT option that wouldn't be as bold and that could be done with the reflectors is.

Take the reflectors and night shade them first. Then mask off the SVT letters and paint the whole thing to match the mirror color (matte grey/black). Peel the SVT mask off and clear the whole thing. Place some LEDs behind the reflector and you should get a very subtle SVT logo (nighshade inside of matte black) that flashes with the blinkers.

HarleyGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How about the Raptor Logo, then from the side view you would see the SVT hood vent then rotate to Raptor on the mirror. The Raptor logo wold be really small but it would give it just the right amount of flavor.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about the Raptor Logo, then from the side view you would see the SVT hood vent then rotate to Raptor on the mirror. The Raptor logo wold be really small but it would give it just the right amount of flavor.

I think this would be a much better option, although small, with some LEDs like you previously posted that flash with your turn signals. Truth be told now that I think about it, it would really depend on the color of your Raptor (concerning the original SVT idea), since mine is Molten Orange the vent shows the SVT in orange and the mirror blank "SVT" would also show in orange/amber which would certainly be overkill for the general area.

I was thinking "Raptor" too but that would have to be precision cut given the limited realestate of the blanks. If the price is right it would certainly be a worthy and creative project. You are definitely on the right track and kudos for your thoughts of creativity..

Just thinking out loud and on the keyboard...

What are the dimensions of the blanks? Well never mind I guess I can measure my inserts.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if swapping out the orange bulbs in the headlight assembly might help. Our manual calls out 3157NA (NA = natural amber) for the turns. I wonder if we can just swap in a 3157, sans the NA...
Boom goes the dynamite!

l2.jpg

Its subtle. Very subtle. But its exactly what was missing. I think these two mods combined reeaaaallly clean up the look.