What do ya think of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
painting the orange mirror reflectors the same color as the fenders. i debated between buying the blanks Ford sells that match the mirrors or gloss black. I decided on gloss black but it looks tacky. I figure as long as it's gonna stand out, it might as well match the other trim which the closest in eye shot is the fenders. I want to make it look like a designed trim piece. I think it will look good....any opinions?

or....clear refelctors(to match the LEDs and rear high brake light)

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm now there's a thought. I'd like to change up the orange too, but hadn't come up with a good color idea. The blanks make it look like a missing option to my eye, and I can see how the gloss black would stick out too much. White *might* work. Not sure.

But maybe that trim gray is the happy medium...

Good thought BIRD.

IRONMAN2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO I think black would look best but try the grey first and if you don't like it...RE-PAINT.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Big J, exactly my thought. it looks like a missing option. if there's gonna be a visible seam or insert there i want it to stand out and improve the look. i hate the orange it's the only orange on the truck and since mine is black it looks bad IMO. i'm gonna go do the grey re-paint right now. :D. glad i'm not crazy...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big J, exactly my thought. it looks like a missing option. if there's gonna be a visible seam or insert there i want it to stand out and improve the look. i hate the orange it's the only orange on the truck and since mine is black it looks bad IMO. i'm gonna go do the grey re-paint right now. :D. glad i'm not crazy...

1) Yes you're crazy
2) No that has no bearing on your good idea
3) :ttiwwp:

IRONMAN2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't forget the PICs...

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i'm gonna do it right now. gimme 30 minutes i gotta clear it too. i have the right paint ready to go and they are primed. B R B...gonna go huff some paint...err use in a well ventilated area. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
big J can you please fix my attachment situation i am not used to VB 4.0