Ordering from the Nex, I know what packages I want, but not sure on the cab size....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruisin67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple fact is...it's a fantastic truck. Super Crew or Super Cab, I think it's impossible to be disappointed with either one.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
honestly, the difference I see in scab vs. screw, the only time you'd find out which one is faster is on a regulated offroad race track, basically, unless you push the truck past the limits, they perform about the same, out in the trails or in the desert, the screw will feel more stable especially sideways, even scab guys who have driven screws have admitted that (this does not mean it is more capable, just more confidence inspiring), I can get 500 miles per tank on a day to day basis in my screw, and everyone gets about average 13-14 mpg maybe a little more, maybe a little less, no matter which cab setup they have, offroad, everyone gets around 6-8 mpg, again, no matter which cab setup, basically, if the scab came with the 36 gallon tank, I would've got it, but knowing I can go those extra 80(offroad)-150(onroad) miles was worth it to me, and honestly, when offroad, 10 miles can make or break your day, a little overkill is a good thing

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Life changes. Unless you can't have kids u should get the SCREW. U will want to keep this truck forever and if ur a military guy like me u won't be able to trade it in every year like some other folks do.

lebeljd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Scab because the Screw is too long for my garage. Stupid spec home builder.. :Frustrated:
Hey it's also about $3K cheaper. :)

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Screw all the way. The difference in length is about 10 - 12 inches, minimal. Larger fuel tank on a truck that sucks gas is great, and I guarantee your not going to get 2 mpg better in real world with a Scab. Larger payload, larger towing capacity. 4 real doors, passenger can get out of the truck without having to open the front doors, huge backseat. Higher and easier resale. And a damn side better looking truck in my opinion, the Scabs look unfinished and unbalanced in my opinion as well. You need to look at these trucks in person, it's a beautiful truck, which doesn't come through in photographs.

OP
OP
N

navyman8903

Reaction score
This is getting tough guys. 500ish vs mid 300's is a big difference.

my mustang on non-hippie southern gas (shell 93), and cruising in 5th is about the same as what the raptor Scab will get. Which I am used to. But that extra 150 miles is huge. I know I will pay for it, but yeah. Towing isn't really a huge deal. The most I will do with it, is tow a stang to the track, or a hook up trailer. Nothing huge.

The Back seat thing, thinking long term is smart. Looks don't really matter, I think they both look amazing.

This is tough.....