Ordering from the Nex, I know what packages I want, but not sure on the cab size....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is all still my opinion:

1-usually those that tow in excedence of 4 tons (SCrew's limit) say that its only because of the rear suspension and I did know of at least one guy on here that went to bags on the rear to better accomodate.
2-I have the spray in liner from ford and love it. Granted its not a ranch truck so i havent put it through the pace like some have, but it has stood up to some pretty rough shit that I have thrown in the back. But you are right that for the same price you might be able to line-x not only the bed but probably the fender flares or the wheel wells. but dont quote me on that.
3-I dont have kids either, and dont regret buying the SCrew. It sounds like you are planning exactly what I do with it, a DD as well as a weekend warrior on so stuff.

OP
OP
N

navyman8903

Reaction score
This is all still my opinion:

1-usually those that tow in excedence of 4 tons (SCrew's limit) say that its only because of the rear suspension and I did know of at least one guy on here that went to bags on the rear to better accomodate.
2-I have the spray in liner from ford and love it. Granted its not a ranch truck so i havent put it through the pace like some have, but it has stood up to some pretty rough shit that I have thrown in the back. But you are right that for the same price you might be able to line-x not only the bed but probably the fender flares or the wheel wells. but dont quote me on that.
3-I dont have kids either, and dont regret buying the SCrew. It sounds like you are planning exactly what I do with it, a DD as well as a weekend warrior on so stuff.

^ Yes, that.

Cruisin67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont do the ford optioned spray in liner. its garbage. peels off easy. save that money and get it line-xed if you want a spray in liner.

x2. You'll be much happier with Line-X. Maybe even spring for the premium. It has a glossier finish and supposedly resist fading from UV much better. (I'll let you in a few years if that's true.)

PurpleHayes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2013 Screw for a little over a month. I'm averaging around 14.7 mpg. That's with a K&N cai and a Roush cat. Have a 5Star tuner but haven't installed yet. As far as Screw or Scab that will have to be up to you and your needs. I've gotten a lot of compliments from passengers in the back seat about all the room they have.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had the same thing ^. Ive even had nephews been able to run around in the back. there is a lot of damn space back there.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
terrain scabs are a rare breed. and ive got the linex premium in the bed and on the rockers and flares, and it is the absolute bomb. get the linex

OP
OP
N

navyman8903

Reaction score
x2. You'll be much happier with Line-X. Maybe even spring for the premium. It has a glossier finish and supposedly resist fading from UV much better. (I'll let you in a few years if that's true.)

Sounds like a done deal there then.

I've had my 2013 Screw for a little over a month. I'm averaging around 14.7 mpg. That's with a K&N cai and a Roush cat. Have a 5Star tuner but haven't installed yet. As far as Screw or Scab that will have to be up to you and your needs. I've gotten a lot of compliments from passengers in the back seat about all the room they have.

I honestly just want something with great range and overall capability. It is going to be a DD, off road toy, and weekend fun. I probably only need the Scab, I'm not going to tow much I think..... I am just wondering if those 10 gallons will give me more range overall, or if the size/weight will just cut that down anyway. I am probably splitting hairs. I am used to 28 mpg in the mustang in 5th so about 3xx per tank(16.5 gallons) based on my foot. So if I can get a similar range, I will be good.

Ive had the same thing ^. Ive even had nephews been able to run around in the back. there is a lot of damn space back there.

That does make me feel better about the Scab.

terrain scabs are a rare breed. and ive got the linex premium in the bed and on the rockers and flares, and it is the absolute bomb. get the linex

Well now I have to get one.

2008fx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

Good save, thank you sir. I appreciate it.

no problem. i have the ford spray in liner - and i really wish i didnt. complicates what i had planned, but i couldnt pass up the deal on the truck.

Last edited: