WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gejedene.jpg

If you don't have fiberglass you better at the very least pull your inner fenderwell out, or at the very,very least take all the mounting clips off the inner fenderwells (the ones for the wiring harness most especially). Zip tie everything up out of the line of your tires.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Playing around with the Garmin GPS tracks.

I downloaded "BaseCamp" for free from Garmin's website, and with a USB cord pretty easy to transfer tracks.

I can't seem to get just the Snoball tracks and way points sent over, The software keeps sending all my UP, DI, and LP tracks and waypoints and filling up my memory. Bah, I'll figure this out when I can put a pint next to me.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing around with the Garmin GPS tracks.

I downloaded "BaseCamp" for free from Garmin's website, and with a USB cord pretty easy to transfer tracks.

I can't seem to get just the Snoball tracks and way points sent over, The software keeps sending all my UP, DI, and LP tracks and waypoints and filling up my memory. Bah, I'll figure this out when I can put a pint next to me.

I got the email from Jason with the Snoball file. I downloaded to my PC and transfered to my Garmin....but nadda.

It shows the file is in the Garmin via the PC, but I cant find it anywhere on the actual GPS!?! Spent 2 hours last night cursing and screaming. I'm thinking of plan B and buying one of those micro cards and going that route.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the email from Jason with the Snoball file. I downloaded to my PC and transfered to my Garmin....but nadda.

It shows the file is in the Garmin via the PC, but I cant find it anywhere on the actual GPS!?! Spent 2 hours last night cursing and screaming. I'm thinking of plan B and buying one of those micro cards and going that route.

From what I understand, you need the micro SD card. We got one off Amazon for $6.

Yukon Joe

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind, some GPS units (like the Lowrance) have a restriction of a 2 GB memory card...

So finding a 2.0GB micro-SD can be tricky in stores... just use Amazon.

OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a garmin but I know the KML files works with the Tablet and Backcounty navigator.

The USR file should be 100% compatible with the Lowrance as Troy used one I sent him last weekend.

The GPX should work. If you know you need a different file format let me know and I'll try to convert it.

Jason

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Some good info!!!

Googlemaps to Garmin 760 - Garmin Auto Forum (Garmin Nuvi Forum)

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a garmin but I know the KML files works with the Tablet and Backcounty navigator.

The USR file should be 100% compatible with the Lowrance as Troy used one I sent him last weekend.

The GPX should work. If you know you need a different file format let me know and I'll try to convert it.

Jason

Any tips / recommendations on which maps to down load for those of us planning to use the Backcountry navigator app.

And the rout looks great, been on a lot of those trails and they should be a blast in the Raptor! Thanks to all you guys who pre ran for this!

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jason

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Some good info!!!

Googlemaps to Garmin 760 - Garmin Auto Forum (Garmin Nuvi Forum)

Can I have the files too? I have an old Garmin that I've loaded Topo/trails on. I'd like to have a shot at getting it to work.