WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well guys, keep in mind if you're relying on a cell phone reception odds are we won't have reception at times - the times we're in the middle of nowhere are you're going to want to use GPS. Verizon and AT&T are the carriers available up here and neither have seamless service. Lots of dead zones and no reception at Copper Harbor when I was up there in October.

As far as the truck nav, I have a 2012 and sync doesn't register the main highway of M35 at times so I do doubt it'll show out route. But, keep in mind we're following our fearless leaders so ya won't need to find your way all alone.

When we go to Mexico racing we always rented satellite phones.....they are not that bad if you don't use it that much, but just knowing you have it is nice.

Example site...there is lots though

https://www.satellitephonestore.com/rent/

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

www.iconvehicledynamics.com
www.facebook.com/ivdsuspension

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we go to Mexico racing we always rented satellite phones.....they are not that bad if you don't use it that much, but just knowing you have it is nice.

Example site...there is lots though

https://www.satellitephonestore.com/rent/

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Performance Suspension Systems, Coil-Over Shocks, Uniball Upper Control Arms, and Lift Kits for Trucks and Suv's
www.facebook.com/ivdsuspension

I agree, really nice to have. I keep one in the truck in a little yellow pelican case, when you need it you need it.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't mind if we ALL take turns calling our loved ones while out in the woods will you KX....:derp:...he he

No worries, you boys can hot talk your sweeties all you want...only $10 a minute...thats all...glad to help out! LOL

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well guys, keep in mind if you're relying on a cell phone reception odds are we won't have reception at times - the times we're in the middle of nowhere are you're going to want to use GPS. Verizon and AT&T are the carriers available up here and neither have seamless service. Lots of dead zones and no reception at Copper Harbor when I was up there in October.

As far as the truck nav, I have a 2012 and sync doesn't register the main highway of M35 at times so I do doubt it'll show out route. But, keep in mind we're following our fearless leaders so ya won't need to find your way all alone.

the back country navigator from what i can tell, just uses internet to load the maps, and then uses the built in GPS from there. it talks about having use while no cell coverage. and my Toshiba Thrive does have gps. im probably gonna pick up the one for $10, im gonna look into it and make sure its not like just a time limit license..... yes, im cheap.