WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Dad said he's a little worried about getting a case of the "I gotta haves" and ending up buying a Raptor after the run. He's actually mentioned it a few times now.

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i sure wish i was like everyone else i have so much to do here and don't have more than half of the things going on my truck for this run. I am sure its going to be a busy new year for me. But its all in good fun for this run.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys make me nervous with all the seemingly random issues popping up with the trucks. I'm not a fan of my local ford dealer so am gonna baby this thing until the run in hopes of not needing service.
if your truck is all stock. doubt you would have problems. seems we create our own problems some times. always modding sometimes is not the best.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i sure wish i was like everyone else i have so much to do here and don't have more than half of the things going on my truck for this run. I am sure its going to be a busy new year for me. But its all in good fun for this run.

I don't even posess my truck yet, lol.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how many of you are used to the macanics of a 4x4 with the shift on the fly its cool but you some times need to take it out and put it back in so it gets in the right grove. for the most part would have any truble 99% of the time but that 1% if you keep going you are going to mess something up. trucks where origanly made for farming type situations. now we use them for town and they got town like. suply and demand. pulling fishing boats wanting to look nice and get all kinds of mpg. for me a truck is a tool I use for my job but dam this truck is fun...

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't even posess my truck yet, lol.

Mine isn't here yet either. Hope it gets here soon. I keep ordering things for it to pass the time. Once it gets here will probably be down for a few days for install. May have to do first oil change after the drive up for SnoBall.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many of you are used to the macanics of a 4x4 with the shift on the fly its cool but you some times need to take it out and put it back in so it gets in the right grove. for the most part would have any truble 99% of the time but that 1% if you keep going you are going to mess something up. trucks where origanly made for farming type situations. now we use them for town and they got town like. suply and demand. pulling fishing boats wanting to look nice and get all kinds of mpg. for me a truck is a tool I use for my job but dam this truck is fun...

??? WTF ???

Wilson in the first part are you trying to say that with shift on the fly you should make sure you engage it B4 you need it so the hubs and t-case can engage fully? Which if you are is excellent advice! An old habit I got into years ago was to actually roll forwards and back on flat ground a few time after engaging 4X4. By loading and unloading the drivetrain it gives the splines in the hubs and t-case a better chance to fully seat. Which gives them a better chance of surviving some hard wheeling.

Of that not what you meant would somebody please translate for me!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, in the IWE they use crappy little springs on the diaphragm (weak enough to compress the spring with your hand). That is the only thing keeping 4wd engaged, if the teeth are not lined up the teeth of IWE will ride over the teeth of the axle. Eventually rounding the teeth on the IWE, and then it will start popping and clicking while in 4wd..

It is a crappy system for a hardcore 4wd vehicle.. But for the sake of fuel economy and the amount of time "most" people use 4wd.. I guess it works, until you really need it.

-Greg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
basicly lol just becose it is shift on the fly don't mean it will work every time you might have to stop if you hear somthing unusual and start over. like I said most of the time it will work with out a problum.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, in the IWE they use crappy little springs on the diaphragm (weak enough to compress the spring with your hand). That is the only thing keeping 4wd engaged, if the teeth are not lined up the teeth of IWE will ride over the teeth of the axle. Eventually rounding the teeth on the IWE, and then it will start popping and clicking while in 4wd..

It is a crappy system for a hardcore 4wd vehicle.. But for the sake of fuel economy and the amount of time "most" people use 4wd.. I guess it works, until you really need it.

-Greg

I made sure I thoroughly tested my 4WD this past sunday... mud's still dripping off it almost a week later.

Mark