What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 3.5 Raptor is already almost 6k lbs, do you think they really want to add more weight with the PB. Weight is one thing Ford has over the TRX. Who cares if Dodge is faster.
Agreed, maybe taking another 400lbs out of the chassis would be a better option than just throwing more power at the problem. Less weight = better handling, quicker suspension , better mpg … faster 0-60 ,so on

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when is 14th gen f150 expected? i could see the gen4 raptor might be a year or two after that like when the 13th gen came out in 2015 and no gen2 raptor till 2017

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, maybe taking another 400lbs out of the chassis would be a better option than just throwing more power at the problem. Less weight = better handling, quicker suspension , better mpg … faster 0-60 ,so on
Maybe changing the way it looks would be a better option

mtnghost

Reaction score
Unfortunately the world thinks electrification is the answer. Until they all get their heads out of their tailpipes and realize they should be going after bio fuel, we’re stuck watching them fail. Unless there is some super battery technology they have figured out then I’m all for 800miles to a charge EV raptor!

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the world thinks electrification is the answer. Until they all get their heads out of their tailpipes and realize they should be going after bio fuel, we’re stuck watching them fail. Unless there is some super battery technology they have figured out then I’m all for 800miles to a charge EV raptor!
You’re wrong bro, electrification is the answer and it’s great for the planet.

IMG_6224.jpegIMG_6223.jpegIMG_6225.jpegIMG_6226.jpeg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when is 14th gen f150 expected? i could see the gen4 raptor might be a year or two after that like when the 13th gen came out in 2015 and no gen2 raptor till 2017
We’re on Gen 14 now. I think 15 will likely be in ‘27. There’s too much competition now so I think they’ll have a Raptor in every year, at least the base one.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no reason ford would make the “skip 2 years” mistake again. All that did was make the initial 2017s insanely marked up and gen 1 resale values stay strong. None of those things makes ford money, selling 2 extra years of raptors does.