What mods are you planning! Let’s see the lists!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMY23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out a cover myself. Really like the retrax one. Downside is losing bed space but I don’t ever really put anything in the bed other than the wife’s flowers twice a year! It’s expensive. Worth the extra money?
On the gen 2 I have the Weathertech hard cover. Has held up amazing.
Did you go with retrax? I have it and is second one I've had (tundra). I am a fan. Looks good. Fits well.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go with retrax? I have it and is second one I've had (tundra). I am a fan. Looks good. Fits well.
I am loving my retrax more and more as I use it. It seems that the sliding mechanism gets much smoother the more you open and close it. Also a downside as my driveway is on a decent slope. I back in, so when I unlatch the retrax, I better have a hand on it or it is rolling all the way and slamming in the open position.

I was initially worried about the bed space lost, but I am finding that most things that I move will fit easily and if I have to move longer items like 2x4s and such, they will fit neatly under the box at the back of the bed.

Interested in the accessories that can go with it, will likely get the cross-members and storage bins eventually.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, what is wrong with the stock Ford mats? I have always had carpet mats, so not well versed in the all weather ones. The ones that come in the Raptor seem great, but I guess I don't know what I am missing...
Well apparently you don't know what PA winters are like lol. The thought of having carpet in my truck is hilarious. Constantly emptying out puddles of salt/snow/dirt/mud from my Husky mats has been a life savor

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what I am missing...
Snow, you are in TX. You are missing snow. I think the Ford liners are nice, but they do not go under the gas pedal. That area gets destroyed from the snow, salt and slush that fall off your shoes as they warm up. Up here where we get snow, we need max coverage.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow, you are in TX. You are missing snow. I think the Ford liners are nice, but they do not go under the gas pedal. That area gets destroyed from the snow, salt and slush that fall off your shoes as they warm up. Up here where we get snow, we need max coverage.
Fair point! BTW, I am from upstate NY. I am not missing the snow. :)

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, what is wrong with the stock Ford mats? I have always had carpet mats, so not well versed in the all weather ones. The ones that come in the Raptor seem great, but I guess I don't know what I am missing...
From the pics I've seen on other's Gen3s, there doesn't look like there is anything wrong with the stock ones now. But on the Gen2s, the Husky/WeatherTechs covered more area of the carpet than the stockers.

I was loyal to Weather Tech until I put husky liners in my sons Jeep. I like the Husky's better, they do not seem as rigid.
This. I had Weather Tech mats in my 2013 Acura TSX and when it got cold the mats would get really stiff, slide a little bit, and end up getting stuck on top of the clutch. Obviously not a problem in the Raptor, but it's the reason I tried Husky when I got my '17 Lariat. I ended up keeping those mats when I got my Gen2 Raptor. Longevity wise they held up great but I did have a hole worn in the drivers mat from where my right heel always rested while driving. They have a lifetime warranty so I could have gotten a replacement, but the warranty is lifetime as long as you are still driving the same vehicle you had when you purchased them. So in my case, since I transferred them to another vehicle, it was no longer valid. If I remember correctly (which I might not), they required some kind of proof I still owned that vehicle...like registration or something.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea but you are missing the hills and mountains.. so flat down there
Trust me, I am a big time motorcycle rider. Nothing worse that riding across Texas for an entire day with nothing but flat, boring land to look at. Riding in NY was the best, but it sucks putting the bike up for 4 or 5 months out of the year. Here in Texas we don't have hills or mountains, but we can ride all year 'round.