What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Changed oil yesterday. I also switched out the sway bar end links. Haven't driven it over many small bumps yet, but the passenger side definitely had play when I first checked. I think it will help resolve the "clunking" noise when driving over small bumps.
I went with MEVOTECH MS408138 from Rock Auto. $72 and some change total. It was my first time changing sway bar links period, so one side took me way too long, then the other only took maybe ten minutes. Torqued to 33 ft-lb according to a video on YouTube. Pumped full of grease and double checked for play; they're nice and tight!

**EDIT 8/13/24**

Finally got a few days in where I drove it over some bumpy roads and a few speed bumps, and wallah, the noise is gone! So if you've got that "clunk" coming from the front end when driving over some bumps, check those end links!
P_20240807_193346.jpgP_20240807_193154.jpg

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changed oil yesterday. I also switched out the sway bar end links. Haven't driven it over many small bumps yet, but the passenger side definitely had play when I first checked. I think it will help resolve the "clunking" noise when driving over small bumps.
I went with MEVOTECH MS408138 from Rock Auto. $72 and some change total. It was my first time changing sway bar links period, so one side took me way too long, then the other only took maybe ten minutes. Torqued to 33 ft-lb according to a video on YouTube. Pumped full of grease and double checked for play; they're nice and tight!
View attachment 462858View attachment 462859
I’m getting these. How are they compared to OEM?
I remember the OEM started to rattle and I drilled a tiny hole in the plastic cap. Shot of grease and they were quiet again. It didn’t last long and they were replaced under warranty.
The warranty set are rattling now. I like those Mevotechs - every oil change they get a shot of grease.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
I’m getting these. How are they compared to OEM?
I remember the OEM started to rattle and I drilled a tiny hole in the plastic cap. Shot of grease and they were quiet again. It didn’t last long and they were replaced under warranty.
The warranty set are rattling now. I like those Mevotechs - every oil change they get a shot of grease.
They're solid and appear well built. I haven't had a chance to drive with them much yet. I do like the grease fittings and the fact they have two ways to get them off and on. You can put two wrenches on it or put an Allen socket on the ends and an 18mm wrench. Speaking of which, the top is 4.5mm and the bottom was 5mm (or 5mm and 5.5mm, I can't remember). I thought I was going crazy when my allen wouldn't fit the top, lol.

tone228

Reaction score
Finally caved and picked up a Carbonized Gray Gen 3 with a moonroof after scouring the internet to find a Shelter Green with no moonroof. 3rd world problems. Needless to say I’m extremely happy. This thing rides like a Towncar compared to my Gen 2 Supercab.
IMG_2366.jpeg

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally caved and picked up a Carbonized Gray Gen 3 with a moonroof after scouring the internet to find a Shelter Green with no moonroof. 3rd world problems. Needless to say I’m extremely happy. This thing rides like a Towncar compared to my Gen 2 Supercab.
View attachment 463129
You will be missed by the poors in the Gen2 section