What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good thing those are cheap………NOT

whiskey tango foxtrot
Yeah IDK - I called the company that owns Northstar/Odyssey and they are checking on warranty since they don't produce the Northstars anymore. I was told that 3.5 years is a good run though, so IDK.

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- Experiment to simple buff the AVS logo off the hood shield was a fail so found a Raptor decal to cover it. Was hoping it would also fit the steering wheel as I did a carbon overlay. Nope, too big.

- Repainted the “Raptor” inlays on the side steps in ruby red (body color). My red crinkle finish paint was another fail. Didn’t crinkle and too bright for my taste.

- Next to touch up paint my wheels. Previous owner definitely had some fun!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 26
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 25
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 27
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 27
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I've had covid all week and been home, today is the first day I'm feeling antsy. I polished my carbon fibarZ fender flares last summer as they were looking faded and dingy - kind of like when headlights get foggy. I thought the polishing would do the trick, and it did for a couple of months only. So today, after I installed the thing a few pages back to secure the locking mechanism in the door handle, I decided to sand the flares down a bit with 2000 grit. I'm no detailing expert, but in the research I did this is the best way as you really just need to remove the top micron or 2 of the top layer. The epoxy on these seems very thick so I'm not worried. I'm worn out due to covid I guess at this point but the driver side is sanded, now (well, soon) I will polish the ******* up for the final product. Then I'll move over to the passenger side which is actually a bit worse. Here is a pic of the sanded flare - I didn't polish the entire piece, just the top part that had the damage, generally the parts that face the sun.

Will post a pic after the polish.

1708801294435.png

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
So I've had covid all week and been home, today is the first day I'm feeling antsy. I polished my carbon fibarZ fender flares last summer as they were looking faded and dingy - kind of like when headlights get foggy. I thought the polishing would do the trick, and it did for a couple of months only. So today, after I installed the thing a few pages back to secure the locking mechanism in the door handle, I decided to sand the flares down a bit with 2000 grit. I'm no detailing expert, but in the research I did this is the best way as you really just need to remove the top micron or 2 of the top layer. The epoxy on these seems very thick so I'm not worried. I'm worn out due to covid I guess at this point but the driver side is sanded, now (well, soon) I will polish the ******* up for the final product. Then I'll move over to the passenger side which is actually a bit worse. Here is a pic of the sanded flare - I didn't polish the entire piece, just the top part that had the damage, generally the parts that face the sun.

Will post a pic after the polish.

View attachment 445792
One of my friends re-cleared his carbon parts with automotive grade clear coat. He says the clear they use on some of these carbon parts has a tendency to turn yellow and fade rather quickly. I know it happened with my Anderson parts. I just took them off and sold them. Hope you get better man and show us the results when you have it done.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of my friends re-cleared his carbon parts with automotive grade clear coat. He says the clear they use on some of these carbon parts has a tendency to turn yellow and fade rather quickly. I know it happened with my Anderson parts. I just took them off and sold them. Hope you get better man and show us the results when you have it done.
Thanks. Mine aren't yellowed at all, I'll take a pic before I start sanding on the passenger side, you'll see the issue. It's just sun/environment since my truck is outside all the time, I have no garage parking.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 445753Wanted to replace my OEM battery since the intelligent access started acting up on the passenger side. Based on some research, it’s apparently one of the first things to go when battery is running low. Went with yet another forum recommendation and got an Odyssey! Had to drive 90 mins away through SoCal traffic to pick up this bad boy.
Bought the same battery online. Delivered to the house