What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Nothing I said is/was funny, so I don’t know why you are calling me a comedian. All the parts that I listed was for the SVC front mid travel kit. Again, the cost for that kit is about on par with what @Rednose paid for his ICON set up. I wasn’t insinuating that the SVC front mid travel kit includes the rear suspension—which is why I made no reference about the rear suspension. Yes, it costs more money to do the SVC kit, but it is better to bite the bullet upfront rather than buy something only to take it all off and replace it with something else—good way to waste money and time.

I have a Rogue suspension on my truck. Do I have as much money as you do into my truck? No, but that doesn’t make me an idiot.

please don't misinterpret, my comedian comment was meant to be light-hearted, not derogatory.

I guess my point in defending the icon choice is that if I was a smarter man, I would have tossed my card down for the icon kit, done some +2 fenders and bedsides, Added a currie with an ARB, skids, 37s, brakes, some gusseted gen1 knuckles and left the truck that way.

A simple setup like that will get anyone anywhere that any of the Baja runs go. AND it will be a blast and not break.

Instead, I lost my damn mind and am still about 40K from the completion of my vision for my truck. ( It needs a full cage, seats, new fiberglass, some better front axles and alcons to be "done".)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I think the above is well said. The difference between what you have spent on your vehicle and what I have spent is vast. The performance between our trucks is not as vast as the money spent. Sure, you can hit things quicker than me, and will be able to come out of holes better than me, but you and I will still get to where we need to go. When going to Baja and other places, we are not in a race. We are just trying to have a good time and enjoy our trucks.

I think its worth piling on to what you said.

As you spend more on modifying a full-frame based factory truck, the "improvement" per dollar spent goes down considerably.

some days I think about how I could have bought a slightly used, legit linked prerunner for a lot less than what I've got into my truck.

Then I have a day like yesterday when someone says " thats the most impressive thing I've seen a truck do. I broke both front axles trying to crawl through that. you just did 50 through it and it looked like you were floating" and I think back to what I was driving through and realize that I had a HUGE shit-eating grin on my face.

that being said, don't build what I built unless it is the only thing that will make you happy.

I decided to build my specific truck because it is the last vehicle my old man rode in with me. it will stay in my stable until I can't get in it anymore, and even then it'll be given to my nephew.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its worth piling on to what you said.

As you spend more on modifying a full-frame based factory truck, the "improvement" per dollar spent goes down considerably.

some days I think about how I could have bought a slightly used, legit linked prerunner for a lot less than what I've got into my truck.

Then I have a day like yesterday when someone says " thats the most impressive thing I've seen a truck do. I broke both front axles trying to crawl through that. you just did 50 through it and it looked like you were floating" and I think back to what I was driving through and realize that I had a HUGE shit-eating grin on my face.

that being said, don't build what I built unless it is the only thing that will make you happy.

I decided to build my specific truck because it is the last vehicle my old man rode in with me. it will stay in my stable until I can't get in it anymore, and even then it'll be given to my nephew.

Zombie, I’ve followed your build on several different threads on this forum.

Out of every truck I’ve seen on here, and I love them all (besides 20+ inch wheels kappa) yours is seriously on a whole other level. It’s basically the Raptor dream truck. It’s badass to see someone take it up a notch when a very fair majority of us on here couldn’t do that. You’re basically the BJ Baldwin of FRF. Keep up the progress reports and I’m excited to see how it all comes together in the end.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stuffed her full of firewood to finish getting set up for the winter. Really wanted to get a weight, but the only weigh station on the way home was staffed today (go figure), and I didn't want Mr Stater to think "Hm, that's a pretty good number, wonder what the GVWR of a Raptor is. Well, we'll just have him pull around, can't hurt to just double check that...".IMG_2353.JPG IMG_2352.JPG Pretty fair compression of the rear springs, didn't get a side-on view to really show it. Plenty of power, no real change in engine/tranny temps. The new Hellwig sway bar essentially eliminated any body roll around both freeway on-ramp corners, and on the surface streets as well. Very impressed with the difference that one small addition has made.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Zombie, I’ve followed your build on several different threads on this forum.

Out of every truck I’ve seen on here, and I love them all (besides 20+ inch wheels kappa) yours is seriously on a whole other level. It’s basically the Raptor dream truck. It’s badass to see someone take it up a notch when a very fair majority of us on here couldn’t do that. You’re basically the BJ Baldwin of FRF. Keep up the progress reports and I’m excited to see how it all comes together in the end.
except i dont block people on instagram for disagreeing with me. :D

on a serious note, and very humbly, thank you for the kind words. :3638400157_e7de35b0:chewie:

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
except i dont block people on instagram for disagreeing with me. :D

on a serious note, and very humbly, thank you for the kind words. :3638400157_e7de35b0:chewie:

Oh yikes. I pry don’t even wanna know how that happened. Did you talk smack when his wife ran out of gas in her GTR?

You’re welcome. I’ll be a spectator for you when you hit the Baja 500. Just watch out for that ******* that’s about 20 Coronas deep running on to the trail cheering for ya.