What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrob6622

Reaction score
I don’t know what to do.

Option 1: add bumper (powered coated black) then paint fenders to match truck and add bumper

Option 2: leave fenders alone and don’t power coat add bumper .

: my raptor is agate black and I have gloss black rims

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what to do.

Option 1: add bumper (powered coated black) then paint fenders to match truck and add bumper

Option 1 sounds like a pain in the ass but also will look awesome.

Option 2 is fine.

Reaction score
Installed Icon Preload Collar 1.5” in the front. Ford alignment is nearly OEM spec afterward. I’m considering a Stage 3 Motorsports SPC Alignment HD Camber & Caster Kit 86252 to get it perfectly in OEM spec alignment. However, it hasn’t shown signs of excessive wear as of yet.

jrob6622

Reaction score
I don’t know what to do.

: my raptor is agate black and I have gloss black
Option 1 sounds like a pain in the ass but also will look awesome.

Option 2 is fine.
Awesome > fine lol

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know what to do.

Do what’s gonna make you happy in the end.

MrSasquatch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the bumper for ADD’s Phantom bumper. All in all pretty straight forward but there are definitely some intricacies that made it take a little longer for someone of my skill level.

IMG_8143.jpeg

Taking the truck apart wasn’t difficult but there are definitely some cracks and pops that’ll make you cringe!

I had a triple dog setup prior so I had the Rigid cubes but Sidney at @Specialtyperformanceparts came through as always with the SR light bars for the outside and harnesses needed.

IMG_9915.jpeg

I ran into a couple check engine lights and problems with the cruise control relocation. Took the truck to the dudes at Comal Truck Gear and they really hooked me up. They did a lot of wire management and made me promise not to do another install like this myself :) absolutely love the way it turned out!

We couldn’t figure out the ACC though. The precollision alert is on the screen, Forscan is showing a horizontal alignment error. CTG and I both have tried the CCM reconfigs but nothing seems to be getting it to even allow normal cruise control. I’ve searched around here and have tried a lot of the tips and tricks but nothing is working quite yet. If anyone has any ideas or similar experiences feel free to ping me. I’d love to brainstorm.

Last thing on this stupid long post - installed the Built Right dash pad and some bullet point mounts today. That was fun and will definitely be useful.

IMG_0014.jpeg

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the bumper for ADD’s Phantom bumper. All in all pretty straight forward but there are definitely some intricacies that made it take a little longer for someone of my skill level.

View attachment 439537

Taking the truck apart wasn’t difficult but there are definitely some cracks and pops that’ll make you cringe!

I had a triple dog setup prior so I had the Rigid cubes but Sidney at @Specialtyperformanceparts came through as always with the SR light bars for the outside and harnesses needed.

View attachment 439538

I ran into a couple check engine lights and problems with the cruise control relocation. Took the truck to the dudes at Comal Truck Gear and they really hooked me up. They did a lot of wire management and made me promise not to do another install like this myself :) absolutely love the way it turned out!

We couldn’t figure out the ACC though. The precollision alert is on the screen, Forscan is showing a horizontal alignment error. CTG and I both have tried the CCM reconfigs but nothing seems to be getting it to even allow normal cruise control. I’ve searched around here and have tried a lot of the tips and tricks but nothing is working quite yet. If anyone has any ideas or similar experiences feel free to ping me. I’d love to brainstorm.

Last thing on this stupid long post - installed the Built Right dash pad and some bullet point mounts today. That was fun and will definitely be useful.

View attachment 439539
I had to reset the cruise module and do a relearn three times. After the third reset/relearn it still showed faults. About a week later the light disappeared and it works great. Been working flawlessly for about 6 months

MrSasquatch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to reset the cruise module and do a relearn three times. After the third reset/relearn it still showed faults. About a week later the light disappeared and it works great. Been working flawlessly for about 6 months
I’ll keep my fingers crossed that I land there. I did the reset of the module then a few relearns. That gives me some hope!

bobbyph1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed evil manufacturing front bumper and Cobb intercooler

Attachments

• 4CA7BEB3-757E-4B96-8DB8-50593E02B6FD.jpeg
    4CA7BEB3-757E-4B96-8DB8-50593E02B6FD.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 112
  • A3B6CD1D-BA75-442E-8C59-B59C2F61B094.jpeg
    A3B6CD1D-BA75-442E-8C59-B59C2F61B094.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 30BB3E74-11D5-45A1-9A48-E77BA5FFAA57.jpeg
    30BB3E74-11D5-45A1-9A48-E77BA5FFAA57.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 112

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thought bout the truck at the dealer getting fixed as I saw the most Raptors I’ve ever seen on the road this weekend.