What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like shit I’m sorry. Paint match makes it look like a regular f-150

So much this in my opinion. The definition the opposing flares and bumpers give are a big part of what helps make the Raptor look ...... not like an F-150.

That said, this is not my truck so to each their own. I am sure I have done things, or will do things that aren't of popular opinion.

Enjoy, that's all that matters

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had some paint work done. Wanted to try and be different but clean. Bumpers, skid plate, front grill & tailgate, side vents, hood piece is painted to match wheels with a titanium gray. Flares are PTM, and the 3 raptor emblems are a BMW Java green. Still want to do a different bed cover and maybe a little more paint after I stare at it for a few weeks.
View attachment 421978View attachment 421979
I don't mind it because you left the bumpers a different color. If I had decided to do paint match I would have done something similiar.

Thing is those white fenders are going to take a beating if they don't have PPF.

JD05

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind it because you left the bumpers a different color. If I had decided to do paint match I would have done something similiar.

Thing is those white fenders are going to take a beating if they don't have PPF.

Thank you. I just don't like dark colors right next to white for some reason. But I did try and keep the Raptor look with the bumpers. The body shop that did all this is a big proponant of some type of spray on PPF, I have never used it but I hope it works good. I would assume it has a lot to do with how it applied and prep etc and he held off doing it until it cooled down. They put a ton of it on but they did say it isn't quite as good as traditional PPF.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. I just don't like dark colors right next to white for some reason. But I did try and keep the Raptor look with the bumpers. The body shop that did all this is a big proponant of some type of spray on PPF, I have never used it but I hope it works good. I would assume it has a lot to do with how it applied and prep etc and he held off doing it until it cooled down. They put a ton of it on but they did say it isn't quite as good as traditional PPF.
Never heard of “spray on PPF”. Are you referencing a commercial spray on ceramic coating such as the Turtle Wax brand & others?

JD05

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of “spray on PPF”. Are you referencing a commercial spray on ceramic coating such as the Turtle Wax brand & others?

I hadn't heard of it either. I am not sure what the product is but will ask.