What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like there's only one clip at the top, so you could probably pull the top out toward you and lift up and the piece will come out. See if the metal clip is still there.

You might be able to straighten out the metal clip and give it some love from the butt of your hand.

Ol Blu

Reaction score
I installed the GJ 3rd brake light, and I have to say while it's machined well, I am incredibly disappointed by it. The included wiring seemed super half baked (vampire taps? seriously?) and I ended up building my own harness for the thing, and then it took me an hour to mount it because of the awful hardware they include. Tinnerman clips are made to be used with sheet metal screws, not machined threads, and they don't even sit well because of the flanged edge on the truck. I'm probably just going to sell it and get the BPD antenna mount.

I had the exact same issues. Was very disappointed about the wire taps and refused to use them. Ended up making my own harness as well using JST connectors which requires cutting the stock truck harness. Not a huge deal as this is just a pigtail (part # ml3v-15425-ze) that plugs into the chassis harness and can be replaced if I ever wanted to delete the GJ light.

I reached out to the guy who makes the harnesses for GJ, who responded within hours, and he said the connector that would make that portion of the harness plug-n-play is on back order with a 2 yr lead time.

Before I knew that I ignorantly placed an order with GJ for their “factory wire harness”. After attempting to reach them by phone, email, website for weeks with zero response I cancelled my order on their site. After waiting another week or so with no response and no refund I disputed it with PayPal and GJ refunded me within a day or so. Terrible customer service and kind of don’t want to use their light, but it’s already installed now and at the end of the day it’s just a housing with BD lights and a harness made from a solid dude.

As for the hardware I ended up cutting the tinnerman clips in half as they don’t interface well with that flange. I then used some VHB tape and turned them into bonded nutplates that sit flat and won’t damage the body.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same issues. Was very disappointed about the wire taps and refused to use them. Ended up making my own harness as well using JST connectors which requires cutting the stock truck harness. Not a huge deal as this is just a pigtail (part # ml3v-15425-ze) that plugs into the chassis harness and can be replaced if I ever wanted to delete the GJ light.

I reached out to the guy who makes the harnesses for GJ, who responded within hours, and he said the connector that would make that portion of the harness plug-n-play is on back order with a 2 yr lead time.

Before I knew that I ignorantly placed an order with GJ for their “factory wire harness”. After attempting to reach them by phone, email, website for weeks with zero response I cancelled my order on their site. After waiting another week or so with no response and no refund I disputed it with PayPal and GJ refunded me within a day or so. Terrible customer service and kind of don’t want to use their light, but it’s already installed now and at the end of the day it’s just a housing with BD lights and a harness made from a solid dude.

As for the hardware I ended up cutting the tinnerman clips in half as they don’t interface well with that flange. I then used some VHB tape and turned them into bonded nutplates that sit flat and won’t damage the body.
Weird i had just ordered a harness from them in april or may and they got it here fast, their CS was really nice too.

Did they change something for the g3s? Mine was plug and play

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird i had just ordered a harness from them in april or may and they got it here fast, their CS was really nice too.

Did they change something for the g3s? Mine was plug and play
I have an order with GJ for a 21+, its been sitting in processing since april. Phil (owner) advised if I cancel after 30 days, I will be charged 25% of the order. I have purchased one from another vendor who actually sold it without lights (most wont as they make money on the lights) and the one with GJ has no ETA. Im thinking I should just dispute with paypal and have them refund.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ended up cutting the factory harness the same way with Deutsch connectors.

The next time it comes off I’m going to drill the truck and install nut plates but I’ll cross that bridge as I come to it.

Attachments

• IMG_0462.jpeg
    IMG_0462.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the GJ 3rd brake light, and I have to say while it's machined well, I am incredibly disappointed by it. The included wiring seemed super half baked (vampire taps? seriously?) and I ended up building my own harness for the thing, and then it took me an hour to mount it because of the awful hardware they include. Tinnerman clips are made to be used with sheet metal screws, not machined threads, and they don't even sit well because of the flanged edge on the truck. I'm probably just going to sell it and get the BPD antenna mount.
Pretty much everyone's experience

JD05

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had some paint work done. Wanted to try and be different but clean. Bumpers, skid plate, front grill & tailgate, side vents, hood piece is painted to match wheels with a titanium gray. Flares are PTM, and the 3 raptor emblems are a BMW Java green. Still want to do a different bed cover and maybe a little more paint after I stare at it for a few weeks.
20230830_114713.jpg20230830_114726.jpg

IMG_20230829_164403.jpg
20230830_114659.jpg

Last edited:

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some paint work done. Wanted to try and be different but clean. Bumpers, skid plate, front grill & tailgate, side vents, hood piece is painted to match wheels with a titanium gray. Flares are PTM, and the 3 raptor emblems are a BMW Java green. Still want to do a different bed cover and maybe a little more paint after I stare at it for a few weeks.
View attachment 421978View attachment 421979

View attachment 421980
That looks like shit I’m sorry. Paint match makes it look like a regular f-150