What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fun with FORScan last weekend. Bought the recommended adapter:

Backed up all the as-built files, used easy mode to change TPMS to the lowest setting, 30psi. Seemed to work, the instrument panel light went off immediately, I have 36psi front and 34psi rear. A little weird that the setting in FORScan is "front placard" and "rear placard" and there's some other setting for TPMS in there that doesn't give you an option to lower the pressure (just turn 'em off maybe?), but I guess it will light up if a tire goes below 30psi? Will hafta test it out one of these days.

Used the spreadsheet to change the hexadecimal or whatever it is code for lane change blinker from default 3 to 5, that worked like a charm. Tried to disable the disable NAV in motion but no joy there, it's still locked out when moving, back to the drawing board. Also tried to disable park assist since I unplugged all the rear bumper sensors whilst installing SVC Baja bumper a few years ago and that didn't seem to work either, still get the mildly annoying "check sensors" message in the instrument cluster when reversing, but no biggie. And changed splash screen to Raptor but is that for the Head Unit or the Instrument Panel? Doesn't seem to be any different, HU is blue oval and IPC is the Built Ford Tough thing.

Also swapped 12V socket for an actual cigar lighter socket and element (kept the factory bezel and socket, drove the hinge roll pin on this new bezel so Mr element doesn't hang on the cover, it would close but didn't want to open back up):
View attachment 439268

Is it possible to change this 12v plug to power off with key out or door open on forscan?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to change this 12v plug to power off with key out or door open on forscan?
Not 100% sure but I THINK I saw a setting in there for it. I saw your post earlier and while I was installing the cigarette lighter it seemed like mine (a 2013, haven't changed a setting for that in FORScan), didn't have power to it after the interior lights dim out 30 seconds or so after removing the key...the lighter works great key on/running but after pulling the key it just sat there doing nothing.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I was wrong and/or impatient heh, that 12V on mine DOES stay hot after locking the doors and all the lights go out. BUT I see this "Power Point Feature" is Enabled in FORScan for mine, that might disable the power to it when key out? It's a little vague, and there's like 3 power points that I can think of (dash, inside console and back of console) so not sure if it affects all or none of those, it might be for the inverter?
Cap2.JPG
I looked around in APIM and couldn't find anything that looked like it might do it there either:
Cap3.JPG
You might see if there's anything more helpful on the FORScan forum, good luck!

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to a Raptor roundup here in Phoenix and drove their coarse, kind of cheesy, 35 mph speed limit and weren't aloud to pass anyone. Oh well they had a bunch of 2013 Raptors all lined up in different colors in where i was happy I went with white.
I’m in Coolidge az i drive in the river bed a lot just to go through the cycle didn’t know about the raptor round up where is it and how much does it cost?

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did I do to mine today? I brought home a little brother for him to play with!. It’s a 2014 with 92k miles, never off-roaded, and always garaged.

It’s my father’s truck he bought new in 2014. He decided to upgrade to a newer model, so I’m buying the Gen 1 from him. No way I was letting this one get away!

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7704.jpeg
    IMG_7704.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 24

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I was wrong and/or impatient heh, that 12V on mine DOES stay hot after locking the doors and all the lights go out. BUT I see this "Power Point Feature" is Enabled in FORScan for mine, that might disable the power to it when key out? It's a little vague, and there's like 3 power points that I can think of (dash, inside console and back of console) so not sure if it affects all or none of those, it might be for the inverter?

I looked around in APIM and couldn't find anything that looked like it might do it there either:

You might see if there's anything more helpful on the FORScan forum, good luck!

Thanks!