What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just what the Ford letter said. I live in a really small town a with a small local dealership, but I never use them for anything. I'll have to hit them up and see if they even offer mobile tech service. Thanks for the heads up!
I suppose thats fair. Hopefully they do have a mobile tech for you too so its not too much of a hassle.

ograptor

Reaction score
So, i watched a video of someone doing the mid perch mod while the shocks were still on the truck. And he never put the set screw back in. Just moved the ring up to the middle notch. Is there not a threaded hole for the set screw in the mid or top perch?

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
So, i watched a video of someone doing the mid perch mod while the shocks were still on the truck. And he never put the set screw back in. Just moved the ring up to the middle notch. Is there not a threaded hole for the set screw in the mid or top perch?
No

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The threaded hole is in the perch so the set screw has no idea what perch it is at, it just keeps the perch from spinning. Likely the screw was seized and had to be drilled out and they never re-tapped it and put a new one in. i've had to drill out several set screws on my rebuilds but i always drill and tap it to 1/4-20 and replace the set screw.