What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Anyone seen these before? It’s about the price of just doing oem style uppers but for leveled trucks. Just wondering if that’s a bad idea lol. I need ball joints sadly so have to shell out for the whole upper (thanks ford) and while I’m there I might as well do my lowers.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just be aware it will be more work than the youtube videos show.
Thats true for youtube repair videos as well. So many of these where they edit out (or omit) the toughest part of the repair. You can tell by the comments; "hey thanks for showing how easy this is", then 3 days later "hey fu cker, you lied about that".

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also picked up a spare set. That are in excellent shape. My thoughts were to rebuild them also. Then put them on the shelf till I need them. I just got them before Christmas. haven't done anything with them YET been busy with work but it is my plan. @mwaite09 wants to help when we do his also. Not sure what @Bozz will do his are hammer rebuilds and still new. It didn't look that hard to do I figure I could handle it. Good cold wether project to work on in the winter. I do want to do my set first see how tough it is.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So buying the raptor in march. Haven't given the COLD AF wether condition a thought until TODAY. When out today to check my job. On the way back on the Interstate snow blowing big trucks and yep you guessed it...........frozen washer fluid. I don't have the convince of a garage that it will fit in. so a few gallons of warm water(in the reservoir) while I have a small siphon hose pulling slush from the bottom. an hour Later I have the slush out of the reservoir. used heat gun to warm the lines and get them flowing. Siphon out all the water and replace with -35 fluid. I know this doesn't seem like much but a high of 10 today.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So buying the raptor in march. Haven't given the COLD AF wether condition a thought until TODAY. When out today to check my job. On the way back on the Interstate snow blowing big trucks and yep you guessed it...........frozen washer fluid. I don't have the convince of a garage that it will fit in. so a few gallons of warm water(in the reservoir) while I have a small siphon hose pulling slush from the bottom. an hour Later I have the slush out of the reservoir. used heat gun to warm the lines and get them flowing. Siphon out all the water and replace with -35 fluid. I know this doesn't seem like much but a high of 10 today.
I use this stuff -

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F that. Not taking mine out. Like this poor guy did:
Screenshot 2024-01-16 153023.jpg

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being from a cold northern state (Northern Ohio) I know better than to use Cheep washer fluid. Just didn't give it a thought about what the dealer put in. I normally use what @Bozz suggested just didn't think about it.
F that. Not taking mine out. Like this poor guy did:
This happens here also wasn't Ice for us THIS TIME most of the time it is. I was slightly impressed with the traction Control today. It dose an "OK" job. Coming from an all wheel Nissan FX35 they'er not even close on the ford. but it will keep you pointed in the right direction. I also thought the Ridge Grappler Did really well in the Snow. I saw some posts here that people didn't really like them for snow. I didn't think they did bad.Yhey didn't pull to hard in big slush pockets I thought they did well. I am pretty satisfied with them.

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
All of this is waiting for warmer weather: cleaning headlights, cowls, side vents, carpet, fender flares and anything else that is needing a little tlc, figuring out why the two in dash iPhone chargers aren’t working, plugging two small holes in my rear floorboard that I have no idea why they were drilled in there, Forscan and shock replacement. What’s not waiting: rust proofing on rockers and complete underside, oil change, adding of a tailgate support cylinder to make it easier to open/close and a good cleaning of the painted surfaces. I love Miss Big Booty and she deserves every bit of this attention.

Last edited: