What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
Offering this guy an upgrade.

No seriously I have friends who don’t drive Raptors. In this case, a GA buddy with a Corvette fetish.
Prius’s everywhere…all need an upgrade. It usually involves the slender pedal on the right.

Attachments

• 2B1FC7B5-864A-4954-BE6B-108912D9363C.jpeg
    2B1FC7B5-864A-4954-BE6B-108912D9363C.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 7

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left it at the dealership for a week while out of town to have a handful of things looked at/fixed/replaced. Replaced both front IWEs (covered by ESP), replaced front brake pads and machined the rotors (pads were replaced 8 months/2k miles ago...before my purchase...and something was wonky where the front passenger wheel spinning was restricted and screamed like a banshee under some braking conditions), and did fuse 27 relocation. Found out I ordered the wrong combination of remote start antenna and fob, so that's always fun. The Ford parts/accessories page is either really inaccurate or outdated with a lot of the item descriptions and vehicle compatibility. womp womp.

Last edited:

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question fellas. I’m getting ready to the pull the trigger on a set of KHC bed supports but I wanna get the raw steel unpainted.
Has anyone had any experience in clear coating raw steel ? I’m getting mixed info on the nets…. So far I’ve come across, shark hide and flood clear coat.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question fellas. I’m getting ready to the pull the trigger on a set of KHC bed supports but I wanna get the raw steel unpainted.
Has anyone had any experience in clear coating raw steel ? I’m getting mixed info on the nets…. So far I’ve come across, shark hide and flood clear coat.
When coating anything its all about the prep work. I would be a little hesitant about coating raw steel, even if you clean it really well with acetone. The smooth surface will make any coating tough to stick. You really want to scuff the surface or sand blast it. I powder coated a Ballistic Fab diff cover with clear powder coat but i left the metal bare because i liked the look of the heat marks from the welds. After a year the powder coat is flaking off so eventually i'll have to pull it, sand blast and re-coat.

that being said, the bed supports are in a much more protected area so a clear coat on bare metal should hold up fairly well. When it does start to come off it'll be easy to pull them and re-coat

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When coating anything its all about the prep work. I would be a little hesitant about coating raw steel, even if you clean it really well with acetone. The smooth surface will make any coating tough to stick. You really want to scuff the surface or sand blast it. I powder coated a Ballistic Fab diff cover with clear powder coat but i left the metal bare because i liked the look of the heat marks from the welds. After a year the powder coat is flaking off so eventually i'll have to pull it, sand blast and re-coat.

that being said, the bed supports are in a much more protected area so a clear coat on bare metal should hold up fairly well. When it does start to come off it'll be easy to pull them and re-coat
Yeah, X2 on the prep. definitely don’t mind touching it up here and there because of the simple fact like you said, how accessible they are. Just wanna do it right and use the right stuff if I’m gonna do it. Just really like the raw steel look

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, X2 on the prep. definitely don’t mind touching it up here and there because of the simple fact like you said, how accessible they are. Just wanna do it right and use the right stuff if I’m gonna do it. Just really like the raw steel look
Eastwood has a pretty decent clear coat.
Pretty sure this is it:

I clear coated my tie rods and they are holding up well for a cheap rattle can spray, but if I was planning on running it long term I would use something better than what I used.