What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Monitoring the IAT from the MAF sensor (which is in the very front of the intake track) does not tell us what the temp of the air is when it enters the cylinder from the cylinder head intake port.

Obviously the temp increase is so slight that the Ford engineers saw no need to add a second IAT sensor.
Plus, with the two knock sensors, cylinder head temp sensor and wide band O2s, a second IAT sensor in the manifold is not necessary and most important, not cost effective!
Ford already moved the TB to the back of the manifold were the air flow of the engine bay is less, and has the manifold vortex the air to the front of the manifold (where it's cooler) to keep the air temp entering each cylinder the same.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how can you tell by looking at it? Actually curious. I don’t know.
Also if anyone is wondering… if you forget to reconnect the MAF sensor wiring after cleaning it you get all sorts of weird messages.
Ok it's not that bad but the split (seam) is opened up a little.

What was the error? That made you change it out, lazy or failed O2 code.

Last edited:

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok it's not that bad but the split (seam) is opened up a little.

What was the error? That made you change it out, lazy or failed O2 code.

P2270. Everything I found said failure. It’s been popping an occasional code for about a year.

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I monitored the IAT's on my trip to San Antonio and found that they were consistently 1-3 degrees cooler than the ambient temp when cruising on the highway.
That tells me one of your temp sensors is off. Most likely your trucks exterior temp sensor was being effected by the sun.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like most aftermarket wheels people put on Raptors but those are bad ***. What are they? $?
These are the Raceline 951MC Ryno wheels. They mimic their beadlock design. They have them in machined, black and bronze.
These are 17x9 with a -12 offset.

tractorpole

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not today but I replaced the evaporator and condenser, think O found out why my a/c wasn't working. This truck spent the first half of its life on a ranch and the dust and hay behind the dash show it. The Air conditioning works great now and blows 48* air out of the vents.
1627278397208.png
1627278423903.png
1627278544664.png
1627278456245.png
1627278482248.png