What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texted the wife from the raptor and said maybe we should get a newer limited or platinum or 250. She responded that I would hate not having a raptor and would just be trading it in again so don't be stupid.

Word of wisdom. Guess I need to track down where this sound is coming from. Sounds like a dust shield noise, but only starts when turning right. Also doesn't happen all the time. It is driving me nuts though.

Already removed the front dust shields to rule those out. Rears are going to come off tonight.

Things I've replaced as general maintenance the last 6 months:

Wheel bearing, R1 rotors, new pads, new lower ball joints, new cv axles, new brake lines.

Things I have in the garage that I should replace:

ICON UCA, tie rods.

Do you have a video of the sound? I'm in the same boat.. I have this rattle on light acceleration that I thought was the exhaust y pipe heat shield. Turns out it's not but FML in a drive thru its annoying.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a video of the sound? I'm in the same boat.. I have this rattle on light acceleration that I thought was the exhaust y pipe heat shield. Turns out it's not but FML in a drive thru its annoying.

I don't. I'm fairly certain its the rear dust shield on the drivers side. I had this issue after doing the brakes also. I just haven't had time to take off the dust shield to verify. Either there is a rock stuck in there or its barely rubbing.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full Race Radiator over the weekend. When it's 110 outside, the temp won't get over about 200, and when it does, it quickly settles back to 190-195 with the stock thermostat. With the old radiator, I could get it into the low 220's on a 110 degree day. Recovery is excellent with this radiator. I only goofed on one thing—thought I could get by with the old lower radiator hose, since it's still in great shape. Nope! The seal in the end of the hose doesn't have enough flex in it to form to the new radiator outlet, so it has a very slight drip. Popping a new hose on this weekend. I wish the seal was replaceable like the 5.0s and ecos, but you have to buy the entire hose. Oh well!

Attachments

• IMG_3830.jpg
    IMG_3830.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3834.jpg
    IMG_3834.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 25