What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Rebuilt my front and rear shocks thanks to the diy thread by @m3dragon. It's a night and day difference! I've got about 62,000 miles on my truck as well as 2 TRR's, RTF and a Snoball on them. The fluid was filthy black and smelled like a bag of defrosted ********. Well worth the effort. Next step is to drill and tap the shock bodies to install some Schrader valves. Those needle ports are worthless. I have no clue why fox built them that way. They don't seal up when you pull them out. And they're hard as hell to get in there straight.

So what you are saying is you commonly smell bags of "defrosted ********" or are you smelling yours friends? because I would have no idea how that even smells. lol

Hey Jordon, you going to TRR 16' and renting a camper again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever had a freezer full of frozen meat lose power and opened it up? Worst smell ever. Now imagine a bag of frozen ******** defrosting, even worse! We have not decided on TRR16 yet, I really would like to go, but I have alot of trips coming in the next few months and am just now getting my truck back to normal from last years trip lol. If we do, we will definitely rent a camper. My copilot from last year @SPARTANPOOLS bought a raptor so he wants to go run it in the desert, so we'll see.

So what you are saying is you commonly smell bags of "defrosted ********" or are you smelling yours friends? because I would have no idea how that even smells. lol

Hey Jordon, you going to TRR 16' and renting a camper again?

D

Deleted member 12951

Have you ever had a freezer full of frozen meat lose power and opened it up? Worst smell ever. Now imagine a bag of frozen ******** defrosting, even worse! We have not decided on TRR16 yet, I really would like to go, but I have alot of trips coming in the next few months and am just now getting my truck back to normal from last years trip lol. If we do, we will definitely rent a camper. My copilot from last year @SPARTANPOOLS bought a raptor so he wants to go run it in the desert, so we'll see.

Is @SPARTANPOOLS the muscle guy with the nickname at TRR as "eyes" cause of his huge eyes?

D

Deleted member 12951

That's me!!!! Can't wait for TRR with my raptor. My eyes will be super large this time!

So you bought Jarrod's truck?

Hey, Dan200 gave you that nickname, that weekend still has me laughing. His avatar of his hand
11670.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SPARTANPOOLS

Reaction score
So you bought Jarrod's truck?

Hey, Dan200 gave you that nickname, that weekend still has me laughing. His avatar of his hand
11670.png

Yes sir I bought Jarod's. He's a great guy. I've upgraded it since then.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Yeah I remember Dan that's funny cause I forgot all about "eyes" is what he called me

D

Deleted member 12951

How long does it take? no raptor fix needed in this new version?

I didn't time it but it seemed like it took atleast 20 minutes. Think the info tells you 30min and you can drive while it's doing it. I choose not and thought it would be better not to drive around.

The update before this lost the raptor screen and I did the fix previously when I did v3.6. I think once you apply the fix, you might not have to do it again as it didn't break on this latest update.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't time it but it seemed like it took atleast 20 minutes. Think the info tells you 30min and you can drive while it's doing it. I choose not and thought it would be better not to drive around.

The update before this lost the raptor screen and I did the fix previously when I did v3.6. I think once you apply the fix, you might not have to do it again as it didn't break on this latest update.

Thanks, just got it updated straight from 3.6.2 to 3.8. Didn't have to use the patch.