What’s going on here? Middle mud flaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a mid mud flap you can almost guarantee it never left pavement and the previous owner never went above 2,500 rpm. Probably changed the oil every 3,000 miles.

It’s likely a solid buy, but definitely take a screwdriver with you and remove the flaps before you leave the dealership.

IMG_6671.gif

OP
OP
ChuckPeazy

ChuckPeazy

Reaction score
With a mid mud flap you can almost guarantee it never left pavement and the previous owner never went above 2,500 rpm. Probably changed the oil every 3,000 miles.

It’s likely a solid buy, but definitely take a screwdriver with you and remove the flaps before you leave the dealership.

View attachment 458435
Solid observation. It seems to be a decent deal.

Concerns:
Potential rust due to it coming from Illinois.
Miles are high for the year.

Minor “issue”: It’s got my least favorite wheels on it. Would much prefer the standard wheel or the 37PP.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone else posted a while back on putting mud flaps on the running boards like that and pretty much got flamed because 1) it looks DAF 2) a single off-road trip will surely snap them off and 3) it's a focking truck and if you use it like a truck you're going to get some roost marks on the rear suspension. I think they also had curb feelers on their rig, too.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone else posted a while back on putting mud flaps on the running boards like that and pretty much got flamed...
LOL, Hell I remember that poster and asked them to post pics cause I thought the poster was bs'ing. Sure as "sheet", he posted pics with them damn things on there and I was like...

200.gif

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone else posted a while back on putting mud flaps on the running boards like that and pretty much got flamed because 1) it looks DAF 2) a single off-road trip will surely snap them off and 3) it's a focking truck and if you use it like a truck you're going to get some roost marks on the rear suspension. I think they also had curb feelers on their rig, too.
Hey, if I want to know which are the best curb feelers for the Raptor, should I start a new thread or ask here? TIA :)