Nitrogen Cylinders - What Size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diverdown3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have purchased nitrogen cylinders to do their own shock recharges, what size are you using? I'm guessing either 20 lbs. or 40 lbs.

OP
OP
Diverdown3

Diverdown3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a 40 and fill your tires after.
Thanks. I was wondering about that. Any idea how many lbs each 35" tire should take? Just trying to determine what all I can accomplish with 40 lbs. Obviously the shocks take very little.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was wondering about that. Any idea how many lbs each 35" tire should take? Just trying to determine what all I can accomplish with 40 lbs. Obviously the shocks take very little.
I use a standard regulator with a quick disco then hose and chuck to fill up tires. Set your reg to whatever you want the pressure to be.a 40 CF should be able to hit all 4 tires to like 35 psi and have some left. I have no ide how much is going into the shocks tho i guess its high pressure but low overall volume.

OP
OP
Diverdown3

Diverdown3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a standard regulator with a quick disco then hose and chuck to fill up tires. Set your reg to whatever you want the pressure to be.a 40 CF should be able to hit all 4 tires to like 35 psi and have some left. I have no ide how much is going into the shocks tho i guess its high pressure but low overall volume.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Yottagenew

Reaction score
When it comes to nitrogen cylinders, the size you need depends on what you're using it for. If you're just doing some DIY stuff or need it for occasional projects, a smaller size like a 20 cubic feet cylinder could do the trick. They're easier to handle and store, too. But if you're diving deep into big projects or regular industrial use, stepping up to something like a 60 cubic feet cylinder might be more your speed. It's like picking the right wrench for the job - you want enough gas without lugging around more than you need. Checking out a size guide like the one on https://ruler.onl/ can help you visualize what fits best for your setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diverdown3

Diverdown3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it comes to nitrogen cylinders, the size you need depends on what you're using it for. If you're just doing some DIY stuff or need it for occasional projects, a smaller size like a 20 cubic feet cylinder could do the trick.
Kinda obvious. Others with experience already shared substantive responses.

welndmn

Reaction score
I have a small one,20 cubic feet.
All I use mine for is shocks, not just a Raptor but tons of coilovers I've rebuilt over the years.
I don't use Nitrogen to fill tires, the expansion rate is very different than CO2 so it takes either 4-5 times the amount.
Unless Nitrogen is easy to fill in your daily life, get a small tank.