A basic home detail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wax is old hat, basically useless and will wash off. A trip to Baja calls for temporary paint protection if scratches concern you. But when all is said and done, it’s a truck. Scratches and pin striping are badges of honor and memories.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I personally like detailing but when done correctly it will take you 15+ hours. On my truck I did one coat of DQuartz, one coat for CQuartz SIC, and on the first wash I used reload. If you only saw how easy dirt comes off.
Great! I love watching detailers work and am an accomplished and award winning brewer. Name your style and I’ll whip you up a case of beer, even put you up in the peasant wing while you work
Lol, I’m right down the road. How much are you charging?
Back of the line, buddy!

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wax is old hat, basically useless and will wash off. A trip to Baja calls for temporary paint protection if scratches concern you. But when all is said and done, it’s a truck. Scratches and pin striping are badges of honor and memories.
Yea, I also just enjoy a nice clean truck before a long trip. Got the interior dialed, just figured I should give a little TLC to the exterior.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I also just enjoy a nice clean truck before a long trip. Got the interior dialed, just figured I should give a little TLC to the exterior.
I hear ya. But check this stuff out.
IMG_0950.png
When I used to track my 911, many other drivers used it or versions of it.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I strongly recommend for you:
Wash, iron remover, clay bar, Nu Finish (yes, that old crappy wax. It's actually really good), followed by any of before mentioned spray wax, coating, etc. I really like Car Pro Hydro 2. People may laugh, but I'm telling you, Nu Finish will have your truck beading water much longer than most any other wax/sealant. Obviously, it doesn't beat a true ceramic coating. Plus, it's cheap and you can get it almost anywhere, even Home Depot.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without turning this thread into a rabbit hole of opinions and ending up on a bingo card.....I'd just like to wax my truck for the first time since I purchased it new. It's never been really washed besides the power washer at the self serve car wash in 2 years 36k. Since this is the first time do you think I should also include the clay bar? I'm looking for a wax that will last a long time since I really only want to do this once a year in the summer. Can someone recommend the easy products and procedures? What is everyone using for the hood vents and side vents since they are black plastic?

Just the basics please. I'm not going to spend 15 hours doing it in my driveway but want to get a good coat on it before it gets lost in Baja for 5 weeks :)

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Off the Shelf products... Meguiars or Mothers for me.

But i use allot of stuff from The Rag CO.