[VERIFIED] Raptors are loading up and shipping out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen2Raptor

Reaction score
My truck is no longer on ramp 69!

FINALLY! My truck is no longer on ramp 59! New status update today

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 279

CA650

Reaction score
I was at the SF auto show this weekend and went to the Ford display. They did not send a Raptor to the SF auto show which was disappointing. I guess they think Los Angeles is a better use of their time and resources.

Anyway I talked to the Detroit based staff at the show and the rumor is that here is some hesitation to ship the already built raptors related to the new transmission on the Raptor. Nobody said "problem" but they did say they heard the delay to ship was related to the transmission not sure it's a QA process or something being investigated..

Not very useful news really.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the SF auto show this weekend and went to the Ford display. They did not send a Raptor to the SF auto show which was disappointing. I guess they think Los Angeles is a better use of their time and resources.

Anyway I talked to the Detroit based staff at the show and the rumor is that here is some hesitation to ship the already built raptors related to the new transmission on the Raptor. Nobody said "problem" but they did say they heard the delay to ship was related to the transmission not sure it's a QA process or something being investigated..

Not very useful news really.

First of all I find it disconcerting that no Raptor was there. Its almost as though they are backing off on any marketing. As far as I know all auto shows have had them for awhile. As well if the issue involves the transmission, that could be a monster delay and retrofit. This is really starting to quack like a disastrous duck and expensive launch, from lack of info, lack of order availability after saying everyone can have one,(and underestimating the "nitch" market for off-road vehicles as always) 10-20K Markups scaring away buyers, major production problem.... All I can say is glad I did not get that early order in.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all I find it disconcerting that no Raptor was there. Its almost as though they are backing off on any marketing. As far as I know all auto shows have had them for awhile. As well if the issue involves the transmission, that could be a monster delay and retrofit. This is really starting to quack like a disastrous duck and expensive launch, from lack of info, lack of order availability after saying everyone can have one,(and underestimating the "nitch" market for off-road vehicles as always) 10-20K Markups scaring away buyers, major production problem.... All I can say is glad I did not get that early order in.

You guys clearly haven't lived in Northern Cali. There is no market there for Raptors. It's stuffy tree-huggers and Berkeley grads who scoff at any car without an electric engine.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys clearly haven't lived in Northern Cali. There is no market there for Raptors. It's stuffy tree-huggers and Berkeley grads who scoff at any car without an electric engine.

I live in NorCal and I've seen at least 4 gen1 Raptors in my small East Bay suburb. There's a market here which is why the dealer in my city is selling them at 10K over MSRP and has no allocations left.

Sure, there's a bunch of Prius and Tesla's out here. My town also has a Land Rover and a Maserati dealership. I even see the occasional Bentley roll by. I see more six figure cars here than anywhere else I've lived or visited, and most of them are not what I would call fuel efficient. The higher end Land Rovers are all over the place.

I'm not expert on NorCal yet, I'm originally from Ohio, but my guess is for every "tree-hugger" and liberal college grad, you have an equal number of seriously wealthy people who like to buy very expensive stuff, even if they do vote left.

Side note, the Raptor that I saw drive by me yesterday also happened to be hauling a ATV in the bed. Both truck and ATV showed signed of some serious off-roading.

CA650

Reaction score
I was disappointed the Raptor wasn't shown at the SF auto show. She said they did show it in Los Angeles

I see a lot of them driving around the peninsula and the dealers are all at 5k or 10k over msrp. We have the Sierra mountains, Lake Tahoe and the Nevada desert a short drive away.

I think the SF auto show is just weak compared to Detroit or LA.. they didn't have. The new GT40 prototype either and Silicon Valley buys as much of that stuff as anyplace.

Re the delay: Maybe the transmission thing is just a rumor, don't know but it would have been easier for her to say nothing than to offer that thought up. Not sure why I'm bothering to post since I have no new content to add really

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That's the Bay Area - the rest or NorCal is different [emoji106]

There are 4-5 raptors at my work that are DD