Upgrading to a Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doctor Raptor

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been discussed, couldn't find any recent threads. Anyway i've owned one Gen 2 a couple Gen 3s. I currently have a 23 37PP. When they announced the R I tried for about a year to find or order one with no luck. Fast forward I was just called and offered one that should be here in the next week or so for 5K over. The markup doesn't excite me but I don't think it's gonna get much better. For those that have gone to an R from a Gen 3 V6 for a daily did you find the additional expense to be worth it?

Thanks in advance
Dave
Hi Dave. I had a 2018 Gen 2 raptor, a 2022 Gen 3 raptor, a 2023 Gen 3 raptor, now just upgraded to a 2024 Raptor R, shelter green. I can honestly say after driving it now for about 2 weeks that it is definitely worth it for me. Driving an 8-cyl compared to a 6-cyl is so much different. Heavier, more solid, like a tank. The supercharger is another whole story. When you get up on this thing, OMG. So, in my humble opinion, a completely different ride altogether than the 6-cyl twin turbo. If you can make the money work, it's completely different. I'm lovin it and would do it all over again. In fact, I'm not sure I could/would go back to a "regular" raptor in the future. "R" all the way all the time.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Dave. I had a 2018 Gen 2 raptor, a 2022 Gen 3 raptor, a 2023 Gen 3 raptor, now just upgraded to a 2024 Raptor R, shelter green. I can honestly say after driving it now for about 2 weeks that it is definitely worth it for me. Driving an 8-cyl compared to a 6-cyl is so much different. Heavier, more solid, like a tank. The supercharger is another whole story. When you get up on this thing, OMG. So, in my humble opinion, a completely different ride altogether than the 6-cyl twin turbo. If you can make the money work, it's completely different. I'm lovin it and would do it all over again. In fact, I'm not sure I could/would go back to a "regular" raptor in the future. "R" all the way all the time.
Were any of your “V6” Raptors modified? Like tuned basically or no?

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have had my 24R for a few months now and feel the exact same way the truck is worth every penny. I came out of a 22 gen 35" truck the R is in a completely different league. I cant see ever going back to a V6 Raptor I paid a mark up on mine and would do it again in a second.

I know people complain about the markup but its Ford's flagship Raptor what do you expect. C8ZR1 will be 100K over MSRP Ford and its dealership's are not under any obligation to sell there top Raptor at MSRP to any of us. So if got one at MSRP feel extremely lucky we are 2 years into production of the R and they are still marked up even on used 23 models. Don't see it going away anytime soon.