Tuning King shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have the king shocks 3.0 with Camburg upper control arms, Deavers +3 sd in the back.

So my Question is to the people who almost have the same setup .. how to tune these shocks properly to make it very smooth ?

Thanks

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fronts are easy because there’s just one adjustment at the back of the reservoir the rears I haven’t been brave enough to play with, there is an off road alliance youtube video that explains it very well, bottom line kings are firmer than stock

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fronts are easy because there’s just one adjustment at the back of the reservoir the rears I haven’t been brave enough to play with, there is an off road alliance youtube video that explains it very well, bottom line kings are firmer than stock

There's a whole lot more to tuning shocks than that, but ok. Externally, sure. LOTS can be done with internals (Piston changes, infinite shim layouts, oil weights, bleed holes, etc.

OP
OP
Black_raptor17
Reaction score
There's a whole lot more to tuning shocks than that, but ok. Externally, sure. LOTS can be done with internals (Piston changes, infinite shim layouts, oil weights, bleed holes, etc.

Im really not planning on messing with the internals, just looking for some tuning recommendations.

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuning needs to be done per the section of trail ur running on. Best thing to do is just set up a camera and go through a section with bigger bumps. Watch how the truck behaves over it. Tweak the bypass tubes in the rear and compression in the front. Watch it and repeat. You’re never going to have the perfect tune to match the terrain. That’s why Offroad racers spend days if not a week pre running a course for the race and tune accordingly. Cheers!