King shocks vs dual valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s not a simple King vs Fox thing. You can throw Kings on there and have someone dialing in the compression/rebound while off-road but it’ll probably ride like shit on road. The dual live valve is pretty good mix for daily driver/off-road. If you want to move for more Off-Road performance go for it. Just know you’ll be messing with the shocks trying to dial them in more than you’ll be having fun while using it for a daily. That’s the outcome I’ve had a few times anyway.

BigBlue20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not a simple King vs Fox thing. You can throw Kings on there and have someone dialing in the compression/rebound while off-road but it’ll probably ride like shit on road. The dual live valve is pretty good mix for daily driver/off-road. If you want to move for more Off-Road performance go for it. Just know you’ll be messing with the shocks trying to dial them in more than you’ll be having fun while using it for a daily. That’s the outcome I’ve had a few times anyway.
You are so right! Any time stock production parts are changed out, the need for technical know-how ramps up, as does the need to spend time to fine tune for your situation. Then your location/situation changes and you start all over again! This doesn’t just apply to automotive stuff either.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fox shocks are known for their linear valving, which provides a tighter feel and better control, while King shocks have a more progressive valving, which offers a softer ride and better absorption of bumps.