Remove programmed FOB from truck memory?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThePaintPirate

Reaction score
So I've just programmed my second newer style fob to replace my two older style ones which I plan to get rid of. If I wanted to program a third newer style one and the truck has hit it's max of 4 fobs total, would I need to remove the old style fobs from the trucks memory before hand?

200.gif

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says he has a 2017 which came with a different style fob. He is changing to the fob you both have:

1729218815571.png

I don't have an answer for the OPs question though. I can't remember for sure, but I'm thinking you have to delete all the keys and start over. .. it's not possible to delete individual keys.

OP
OP
ThePaintPirate

ThePaintPirate

Reaction score
Newer style?

Pics of this newer style fob please.
@blwn posted exactly what I'm doing. I accidentally posted this in the Gen3 section instead of the Gen2 for my 2017, my bad.

As of right now I've got 2 of the old style and 2 of the new style (left vs right in his video preview pic), and as I understand it you can have up to 4 paired to your truck. And if blwn is right, it sounds like I have to wipe them all from the truck and start fresh and have the dealer program them.