GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the DORA is basically Ford way of acknowledging the dealers order. Its not a guarantee but is does mean that the dealer actually submitted the order to Ford instead of holding onto a bunch of quotes and going with the highest bidder. I am new to this so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks,
Tone

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can one actually do with a DORA?

Anyone have pics of the tailgate step? I didn't order it or notice it on the options list.

I just called my dealer to add the tailgate step today, felt like I was cheaping out not adding it after ordering an almost $70,000 truck...

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh ok so I found some pics of the tailgate step...looks kinda cool although one more thing to break over time. I bet it's helpful when loading though. I wonder if this is possible to order along with the spray in bedliner? Perhaps the spray in bedliner doesn't cover the rails? I sure hope the ford spray in bedliner is nice...I figured I'd be saving some time vs going to line-x but we all know linex is good stuff..

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh ok so I found some pics of the tailgate step...looks kinda cool although one more thing to break over time. I bet it's helpful when loading though. I wonder if this is possible to order along with the spray in bedliner? Perhaps the spray in bedliner doesn't cover the rails? I sure hope the ford spray in bedliner is nice...I figured I'd be saving some time vs going to line-x but we all know linex is good stuff..

I have had the tailgate step on a F250 and my 14' Raptor and I hated it. If you need help getting in the truck its great but other than that its useless. The spray in bedliner only covers the floor and the insides of the bed rail. The trucks all have plastic bed caps now and the handle area of the tailgate step is raised and covered in a thick plastic. If you don't absolutely need it don't waste the money. Just my opinion. I did use it once or twice when I was carrying stuff and it was nice to just be able to step on the step and then step in the bed when your arms are full. The factory bedliner is very nice too. They do a fantastic job taping the truck off and the tape lines are very clean. I would say its a bit thinner than a well sprayed Line-X job though. I compared the factory Ford liner to a Line-X I had done on one of my other trucks and the factory bedliner looked better in my opinion but I just don't think they will be as durable. There is a pretty noticeable difference in thickness.

Last edited:

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well finally found a dealer at MSRP and put my order in. Dealer is 19 miles away so will get my service there. This was the 8 dealer I polled. I have a priority of 12 so not sure when I will get it. Priced out at $68k not sure about my 2010 raptor guess I will sell once I get a Vin #.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Tailgate step, IMO, is a great option. When you use the handle, it really saves the knees and back from climbing in and out. Especially when you start modding the truck and get it higher than stock. Mines probably 2 -3" above stock, and thank God I've got the tailgate step!

I've never seen the factory bedliner, but if it is a spray in and looks halfway durable, then get it. It's not like we're hauling scrap metal around in the bed of these things. Hell, I don't have anything other than the factory paint in mine, and it's still fine.....