GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7GenTex

Reaction score
congrats man, color me jelly though. But I'm going to hold on till the bitter end for the CF.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

What dealer in Texas?

Need to know basis :biggrin:

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't aware asking someone which dealer they ordered through was akin to asking for tax records.

People are just funny this way. Some get defensive and/or secretive if you ask for a VIN....apparently that leads to tax and bank records as well. Some of this angst undoubtedly involves an insatiable distrust of their dealers, endlessly worried their trucks will be sold out from underneath them. From my standpoint, if the latter was the main reason for not wanting to disclose any auto related info, it's far time to look for another dealer. I personally will not conduct business with anyone whom I do not trust, in all avenues of life.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People are just funny this way. Some get defensive and/or secretive if you ask for a VIN....apparently that leads to tax and bank records as well. Some of this angst undoubtedly involves an insatiable distrust of their dealers, endlessly worried their trucks will be sold out from underneath them. From my standpoint, if the latter was the main reason for not wanting to disclose any auto related info, it's far time to look for another dealer. I personally will not conduct business with anyone whom I do not trust, in all avenues of life.

I guess I can see it. But you are right I wouldn't do business with a dealer I didn't trust. Trust is a strong word though, I at least don't think my dealer is being shady. There are at least 2 other guys (different forum) that got their Gen2s from the same dealer as I. Hell, thats how I found my dealer, Helfman Ford for those wondering.

7GenTex

Reaction score

Not defensive or secretive and I trust my dealer. I'm just not willing to share on a public forum as much as some folks tend to. Bottom line, it is none of your business. Just raised that way. "Old school" it is!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not defensive or secretive and I trust my dealer. I'm just not willing to share on a public forum as much as some folks tend to. Bottom line, it is none of your business. Just raised that way. "Old school" it is!

Wasn't labeling you, unless you are in the "some" group.
I understand privacy, and I am very old school that way myself. This forum, however, is 99.99 percent filled with enthusiasts, sharing a common passion. It is a place in which to help others out. If someone does want to help out someone, or multiple someone's, and don't want to publicly release information, I would suggest the utilization of the Private Message feature; it's great, and a lot of the guys and I use and enjoy it.
Cheers and Happy Weekend.

7GenTex

Reaction score
Wasn't labeling you, unless you are in the "some" group.
I understand privacy, and I am very old school that way myself. This forum, however, is 99.99 percent filled with enthusiasts, sharing a common passion. It is a place in which to help others out. If someone does want to help out someone, or multiple someone's, and don't want to publicly release information, I would suggest the utilization of the Private Message feature; it's great, and a lot of the guys and I use and enjoy it.
Cheers and Happy Weekend.

Sermon over?

And just how would sharing my VIN or who my dealer is "help someone out"?
(crickets.......................?)

My sermon / rant on:

If someone is going to expend $60k plus on a vehicle, and they "need help" finding a dealer or cutting a deal, they should rethink the whole idea.

Sermon / rant over.

Now - bumpers, wheels, tires, lights, etc............bring on the discussions!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sermon over?

My sermon / rant on:

If someone is going to expend $60k plus on a vehicle, and they "need help" finding a dealer or cutting a deal, they should rethink the whole idea.

Sermon / rant over.

SWEET! Against all odds, I have been ordained :win:

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sermon over?

My sermon / rant on:

Sermon / rant over.

What? Plenty of people have traveled across many states to get their allocation at a deal they were willing to do. So yeah, letting people know of a good dealer is helping someone out. I contacted ~35 dealers within ~250mi of me found many allocations but not at a deal I was willing to do. It was the other forum that led me to my dealer that was just outside my initial search. Got me the allocation and deal. Should I call them up and let them know that since I was referred to them I should rethink the deal? **** man, the ONLY reason I asked was on the off chance that you ordered from the same dealer and I'd be next in line for my truck.

Not sure I posted it here yet...
Ordered:3/14/17

Last edited:

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? Plenty of people have traveled across many states to get their allocation at a deal they were willing to do. So yeah, letting people know of a good dealer is helping someone out. I contacted ~35 dealers within ~250mi of me found many allocations but not at a deal I was willing to do. It was the other forum that led me to my dealer that was just outside my initial search. Got me the allocation and deal. Should I call them up and let them know that since I was referred to them I should rethink the deal? **** man, the ONLY reason I asked was on the off chance that you ordered from the same dealer and I'd be next in line for my truck.

Not sure I posted it here yet...
Ordered:3/14/17

Thanks for chiming in ssj4sadie. Lots of people have helped others by letting them know. People will sometimes also post their VIN so others, whom have already offered ahead of times frequently, can use that VIN to try and help with what may be going on with their order status. Same with sharing dealer names, especially those that are just giving a shout out that a unit is available because someone backed out. Good grief it happens all the time; I honestly was somewhat speechless on how to even respond to the other gentleman :crazy:. Jeez, we're trying to help. Nothing wrong accepting help either, if someone wants it. Lots of lurkers here too that are guests and are not posting. Trust me, those people gain extreme value from our discussions, including helping others out in finding available trucks and deals. I was a lurker ever since 2013. Should have joined earlier! I was missing the party :biggrin:!

Tip of the hat and many thanks to all those on FRF that love Raptors, and love helping other rabid enthusiasts!!