TN Meet Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lived in Nashville for three years. I didn't even know there was a Johnny Cash museum. But i didn't hang out downtown much. By that point I was all partied out from college and spent my free time skydiving.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Tentatively interested depending on date. I like Nashville and haven't been for a couple of years.

Johnny Cash museum is completely worth it. If you haven't been to Graceland and you have the time to get down to Memphis you should do that as well. Can't get into Hillbilly Heaven if you don't make the Graceland pilgrimage at least once.
Skip Graceland lol
It’s neat but it’s a trap (born and raised Memphian here)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lived in Nashville for three years. I didn't even know there was a Johnny Cash museum. But i didn't hang out downtown much. By that point I was all partied out from college and spent my free time skydiving.
shoulda spent the night at a holiday inn

Rekkr

Reaction score
The “speak easy” beneath Johnny cash museum is called house of cards. It’s really cool. They have magicians walking around doing tricks. Need to make reservations and be dressed up in order to get in.

There is another speak easy over by the Bobby hotel that’s really cool. Used to be a bank vault.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The “speak easy” beneath Johnny cash museum is called house of cards. It’s really cool. They have magicians walking around doing tricks. Need to make reservations and be dressed up in order to get in.

There is another speak easy over by the Bobby hotel that’s really cool. Used to be a bank vault.
That sounds great.

Rekkr

Reaction score
The one underneath the Bobby hotel is definitely cool. That being said, I don’t recommend it during the summer as the last time I went there in the summer, it was super hot since bank vaults don’t have ac vents lol

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skip Graceland lol
It’s neat but it’s a trap (born and raised Memphian here)

Sure. But it's still fun and the big museums they built across the street are completely worth it. Even my wife, not a big Elvis fan, found them really interesting.

I like Graceland because it shows you what a hillbilly who strikes it rich does, and also reminds you that no matter how much money or pull you had decades ago wouldn't get you most of the conveniences and comforts the working class has easy access to.
Not to mention your probability of getting shot, robbed, stabbed or all 3 greatly increase while in memphis.

Memphis is a fun visit, but yeah if you have the street smarts of an Amish teen then stay out. If you have reasonable situational awareness, know what to look for in where you should and shouldn't go and when, and avoid the vice scene you'll be fine.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Memphis is a fun visit, but yeah if you have the street smarts of an Amish teen then stay out. If you have reasonable situational awareness, know what to look for in where you should and shouldn't go and when, and avoid the vice scene you'll be fine.
200.gif