Tips searching the country for raptor r

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I called a few of them. Some are already spoken for. I did find one. I still haven't decided if I want to do the $10k or wait it out for a $5k. I'm selling my truck on Monday and then I'll really need to make a decision. There's also a new TRX $12k under msrp close to me that I need to decide about. Really just trying to figure out which will have the lowest depreciation in a year. I have another F250 tremor on order and it won't be ready till the Spring...so I figured I would pick up either an R or a TRX and give them a try for a few months...and then decide which route I'm going to go...1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton. Thanks again for the list!
I can tell you this, $5k or MSRP is a unicorn deal. Almost 300 dealer calls now and less than 10 at those price points. Have had 4 that I missed by a couple of hours being in pst. $10k is a solid deal in the current market that I’d take if I didn’t already have my trx.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you this, $5k or MSRP is a unicorn deal. Almost 300 dealer calls now and less than 10 at those price points. Have had 4 that I missed by a couple of hours being in pst. $10k is a solid deal in the current market that I’d take if I didn’t already have my trx.
Ok thanks! Mind if I ask why you are calling dealers if you are happy with your trx? Thanks

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks! Mind if I ask why you are calling dealers if you are happy with your trx? Thanks
There are a few reasons. Slightly better off-road capability, factory 37s, more parts availability in remote places, have a lot of hard miles on my trx as is. Although I don’t need the R by any means, if I can find a unicorn deal, it would be a solid investment.

If I don’t find one in the next month or two, I’m just gonna throw the price difference between the trucks into the TRX.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
solid investment.
R's are not investments--even at MSRP
I can tell you this, $5k or MSRP is a unicorn deal. Almost 300 dealer calls now and less than 10 at those price points. Have had 4 that I missed by a couple of hours being in pst.
Man you have a lot of time on your hands to call 300 dealers..so what about the other 6 why didn't you jump on one them?

For the dentist, fill a few more cavities, quit being cheap, get the R call it a day (if price is your main concern always something cheaper out there)--plenty of deals if you are a good negotiator, simple as that. If you expect people to hand you a list of MSRP dealers with R's sitting on the lot it ain't going to happen (as evident of 5 pages of this thread).

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We should start a thread on who has the highest ADM. I talked with the dealership in Charlotte yesterday who is asking $169,000 for a new one and $140,000 for a 9500 mile used one

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R's are not investments--even at MSRP

Man you have a lot of time on your hands to call 300 dealers..so what about the other 6 why didn't you jump on one them?

For the dentist, fill a few more cavities, quit being cheap, get the R call it a day (if price is your main concern always something cheaper out there)--plenty of deals if you are a good negotiator, simple as that. If you expect people to hand you a list of MSRP dealers with R's sitting on the lot it ain't going to happen (as evident of 5 pages of this thread).
Wow if everyone had someone like you to help straighten their life out…the world would be a better place lol.
Everyone is different…it’s not a “not being able to afford” the adm…for me, part of the enjoyment of owning a vehicle is not losing much depreciation when I go to sell the vehicle. I love performance vehicles and so it doesn’t always work out…but I like to try. So far, my last three vehicles I’ve broken even or made money on them. Probably won’t happen with the raptor r or trx….but it doesn’t hurt to try. It’s part of the game for me…just fun. Different strokes for different folks. I’ve called/emailed over a hundred so not sitting around waiting for someone to hand it to me. Though I do appreciate any help and that’s why I was hoping this thread might help me and others.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We should start a thread on who has the highest ADM. I talked with the dealership in Charlotte yesterday who is asking $169,000 for a new one and $140,000 for a 9500 mile used one
We did that previously. The highest anyone copped to was +$40,000 IIRC

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did that previously. The highest anyone copped to was +$40,000 IIRC
I guess we got a new leader. Mark Ficken Ford in Charlotte…$166,780. $52k ADM. I know there’s a lot of money in Charlotte…so more power to them if they can get it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I guess we got a new leader. Mark Ficken Ford in Charlotte…$166,780. $52k ADM. I know there’s a lot of money in Charlotte…so more power to them if they can get it.
That’s asking price, I was referring to the highest ADM an FRF would admit to.