Tips searching the country for raptor r

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a TRX, too. I had only driven one briefly previously so was put off by the weight and awd only. Long story short: a close buddy of mine had a Raptor so I was tired of my 01 diesel and got my scab, which i still have not getting rid of that beauty. Buddy wanted a V8. We both searched for R’s for a while and got sick of being in the pack looking for latest greatest adm’s etc. Truly irritating.

Well local dealership got in a 23 lunar edition and we talked he jumped. He loves it. Concurrently I had decided to get my son a new car thinking ranger raptor but oh no he wanted a mustang. So I thought I would surprise him with a dark horse and guess who picked me in his trx for the hour + drive? Yep. I have to admit after driving the heck out that thing and listening to the supercharger whine I was sold. At that point there were 2 nearby but now prices were 125$k for Final Editions. We like orange so I got the harvest sunrise and paid 112. What an R would theoretically cost if I could find one for msrp, ironically .

So here’s my assessment:

Caveat never driven an R and have only seen 2. I will not pay adm. Serious turnoff. But given how much they raised Final Edition prices this may be a Pyrrhic victory at best.‍. But anyway no experience with R.

TRX= awesome. Another caveat…I’m not going to race it ever. Baja or anywhere.

That Hellcat engine is pure fun and a rush. And it will make that beast move. Hard. If you’re nuts and want more power then it’s easy on a hellkitty, as well. Suspension is great with coil rears. Normal mode is slightly jiggly but I changed my suspension daily mode to Baja which mitigates that nicely with slightly lower pressure in rear tires. Excellent control over large bumps. No issues with awd. Also the zf transmission is better by a large margin than my scab. Really nice unit with smooth shifts and always in the right gear.

It is a bigger heavier truck. Sitting next to a buddies 3G Raptor it’s easy to see so there’s that. It took some getting used to for me but I’ve had it for a few months now and I’m at peace with it and have really grown to like the trx. It’s just badass and a thrill to haul ass around in.

The interior is off the hook. Very luxurious so that’s a huge plus for an older guy like me.

It looks better and more badass than a 3g raptor.

Conclusion: is a trx a better Baja race truck than a R or even standard Raptor? Probably not. Hell I think my scab is better than all of them. Mainly due to weight, but does it provide great thrills and is quite awesome in the dirt? Yes, it is. Do I think people wanting an R for the v8 would like a trx? Idk but I do. I tend to like fords too btw.

So, yeah, dig my trx always puts a grin on my face raging down the highway in a serious cocoon of luxury, keeping my sweet scab and enjoying life. Ymmv and I’m still a Raptor fan as it is the og. Hope this was informative and I realize I’m not computer like consistent in my views but this is where I’m at on the trophy truck front.

TLDR? Don’t be afraid of getting a trx it’s pretty cool.

nelsonr103

Reaction score
I picked up a TRX, too. I had only driven one briefly previously so was put off by the weight and awd only. Long story short: a close buddy of mine had a Raptor so I was tired of my 01 diesel and got my scab, which i still have not getting rid of that beauty. Buddy wanted a V8. We both searched for R’s for a while and got sick of being in the pack looking for latest greatest adm’s etc. Truly irritating.

Well local dealership got in a 23 lunar edition and we talked he jumped. He loves it. Concurrently I had decided to get my son a new car thinking ranger raptor but oh no he wanted a mustang. So I thought I would surprise him with a dark horse and guess who picked me in his trx for the hour + drive? Yep. I have to admit after driving the heck out that thing and listening to the supercharger whine I was sold. At that point there were 2 nearby but now prices were 125$k for Final Editions. We like orange so I got the harvest sunrise and paid 112. What an R would theoretically cost if I could find one for msrp, ironically .

So here’s my assessment:

Caveat never driven an R and have only seen 2. I will not pay adm. Serious turnoff. But given how much they raised Final Edition prices this may be a Pyrrhic victory at best.‍. But anyway no experience with R.

TRX= awesome. Another caveat…I’m not going to race it ever. Baja or anywhere.

That Hellcat engine is pure fun and a rush. And it will make that beast move. Hard. If you’re nuts and want more power then it’s easy on a hellkitty, as well. Suspension is great with coil rears. Normal mode is slightly jiggly but I changed my suspension daily mode to Baja which mitigates that nicely with slightly lower pressure in rear tires. Excellent control over large bumps. No issues with awd. Also the zf transmission is better by a large margin than my scab. Really nice unit with smooth shifts and always in the right gear.

It is a bigger heavier truck. Sitting next to a buddies 3G Raptor it’s easy to see so there’s that. It took some getting used to for me but I’ve had it for a few months now and I’m at peace with it and have really grown to like the trx. It’s just badass and a thrill to haul ass around in.

The interior is off the hook. Very luxurious so that’s a huge plus for an older guy like me.

It looks better and more badass than a 3g raptor.

Conclusion: is a trx a better Baja race truck than a R or even standard Raptor? Probably not. Hell I think my scab is better than all of them. Mainly due to weight, but does it provide great thrills and is quite awesome in the dirt? Yes, it is. Do I think people wanting an R for the v8 would like a trx? Idk but I do. I tend to like fords too btw.

So, yeah, dig my trx always puts a grin on my face raging down the highway in a serious cocoon of luxury, keeping my sweet scab and enjoying life. Ymmv and I’m still a Raptor fan as it is the og. Hope this was informative and I realize I’m not computer like consistent in my views but this is where I’m at on the trophy truck front.

TLDR? Don’t be afraid of getting a trx it’s pretty cool.
Go push TRX garbage on their forums...