Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefgiant

Reaction score
Not necessarily something to check for but the same day I picked up my truck I got a indicator on the panel saying that the engine knock sensor had a malfunction. Still at the dealer trying to diagnose what is actually wrong.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a seperate thread on this and initially thought there might not be any value in posting here, but after thinking about it, the general lesson would be check any wiring harness you can see/reach for security. The 310A connection under the front seats was not locked and caused a number of warnings and systems kicking off: Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Hill Start Assist Warning, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, and Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic. If you get these symptoms, you'll know the specific cause now!

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a seperate thread on this and initially thought there might not be any value in posting here, but after thinking about it, the general lesson would be check any wiring harness you can see/reach for security. The 310A connection under the front seats was not locked and caused a number of warnings and systems kicking off: Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Hill Start Assist Warning, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, and Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic. If you get these symptoms, you'll know the specific cause now!
Thanks for sharing
I honestly think that any issue any of us have big/small it’s worthwhile to mention. First thing I do when problems arise is check associated forums.

Real world situations and fixes help us all out.
list updated!

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been seriously considering purchasing a gen 3. But man, I have to be brutally honest and simply say all of these issues are very concerning imho. I feel a vehicle of this magnitude and cost should have much better quality control. Some of these posts make me think QC is simply void at the assembly plant currently. Overworked employees? Not enough or disgruntled employees? My 2022 F250 that is 2 months old came with a trim piece hanging loose, horrible paint defects, and now water is leaking and running down the inside of my windshield. Its an $83k vehicle and already has developed interior squeaks as well. Is it just me, or is Ford quality not a priority? I hope everyone gets their issues resolved soon.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been seriously considering purchasing a gen 3. But man, I have to be brutally honest and simply say all of these issues are very concerning imho. I feel a vehicle of this magnitude and cost should have much better quality control. Some of these posts make me think QC is simply void at the assembly plant currently. Overworked employees? Not enough or disgruntled employees? My 2022 F250 that is 2 months old came with a trim piece hanging loose, horrible paint defects, and now water is leaking and running down the inside of my windshield. Its an $83k vehicle and already has developed interior squeaks as well. Is it just me, or is Ford quality not a priority? I hope everyone gets their issues resolved soon.
Not making excuses (and I’m sure others will chime in, as it’s been discussed before :argue:) but these issues are probably more common than we think. And most of these issues are easily corrected. Again not a justification, but the reality.

It’s sad that “they don’t make em like they used to” but being fortunate enough to have multiple performance and higher end vehicles from not only Ford but Ram/Mercedes/GM. I’ve expierenced a similar amount of issues with these new purchases.

*Hence why I started this list, because other forums had these list and helped me on my other vehicles)

we are a group of passionate truck owners who obviously spend time on this forum voicing our problems and concerns. It’s disappointing but part of the world we are living in.

ive had my quirks with my gen 3 in the few weeks I’ve had it, but it nothing that makes me regret the purchase. The truck is damn impressive and puts a smile on my face

Lumpycrown845

Reaction score
I had paint issues with mu front fender and door. The dealer is fixing it now. 2 days owning it and also noises coming from the front Over bumps and I have the fan noise behind the seat.

Attachments

• 20211019_162922.jpg
    20211019_162922.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 20211019_162716.jpg
    20211019_162716.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 172

JPeazy

Reaction score
I had or have the following:

3. Plastic wrap around front shocks (from shipping)

10. Check fuses under hood. Multiple reports! (Not fully seated) engine bay - back corner - passenger side (mine were all working but did push in an additional 1/32 - 1/16).

14. Subwoofer housing under rear seat not tighter down completely, rattling sound.multiple reports (Mine were not loose but tightened additional half to full turn).

New:

A) uneven front bumper
View attachment 325806
View attachment 325807
B) Trim panel behind rear seat retainer not secured which during loud music causes it to vibrate.
View attachment 325808
C) Gap at top of rear fender flares. This one I'm most concerned about cause it seems to be getting worse. Suggestions on how to fix or should have them replaced?
View attachment 325809
View attachment 325810
Thank you. I noticed my front bumper is roughly a quarter inch off on both sides as well.

Not really noticeable but am trying to think of it’s worth it to have them adjust? Not sure what all is involved with that and if I want them messing with it. Argh…..

Jsousa67

Reaction score
My 21 Raptor with 900 miles is going in to fix the rattle/banging noise over bumps. There also is a fan noise from the left rear seat that’s so loud and it drives me crazy

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had or have the following:

3. Plastic wrap around front shocks (from shipping)

10. Check fuses under hood. Multiple reports! (Not fully seated) engine bay - back corner - passenger side (mine were all working but did push in an additional 1/32 - 1/16).

14. Subwoofer housing under rear seat not tighter down completely, rattling sound.multiple reports (Mine were not loose but tightened additional half to full turn).

New:

A) uneven front bumper
View attachment 325806
View attachment 325807
B) Trim panel behind rear seat retainer not secured which during loud music causes it to vibrate.
View attachment 325808
C) Gap at top of rear fender flares. This one I'm most concerned about cause it seems to be getting worse. Suggestions on how to fix or should have them replaced?
View attachment 325809
View attachment 325810
When you pull the fenders off, you have to replace the clips or they will not fit tight. Maybe they removed them for some reason? It's an easy fix to remove the screws and replace with new clips so it will sit flush.