The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott1446

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone that has posted their experience/knowledge of using the features on the Raptor to change how it behaves in different conditions, this information will help this be a more save and FUN adventure. The SnoBall will be the first time that I have driven my Raptor in the snow (unless it snows in MD before the event). This will not be the first time that I have driven in the snow, I grew up in Iowa back when it seemed to snow a lot more. I have also driven for the local hospital in Annapolis MD several times when we had really bad weather, once for three day in a row. That was in my 2001 Ranger I was surprised how well the truck handled all the snow.

Those of you doing the pre-run this weekend have fun and be safe. I’ll be working on finishing getting my radio and light installed.

bradsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more Scott. This will be my first time driving in actual snow accumulation. While we do get some winter weather here in Dallas, most of it is solid ice with some snow or sleet mixed in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in a snow area and the most important part of winter driving is no tail gating. Give your self plenty of room. Stop sines your not going to stop like normal so slow down and stop behind the sign like your suppose to the guy coming may not be able to stop either. Have fun be safe guy's!

wolfnnc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather for the pre run

Marquette, MI
Fri, Dec 27, 2013, 3:05 PM CST

... MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW POSSIBLE SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR...
THE PASSAGE OF AN ARCTIC FRONT COMBINED WITH LOW PRESSURE MOVING JUST TO THE SOUTH WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR MODERATE TO HEAVY LAKE ENHANCED SNOW TO NORTHERN UPPER MICHIGAN SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. GUSTY NORTHEAST TO NORTH WINDS IN THE WAKE OF THE FRONT WILL ALSO CAUSE AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW... ESPECIALLY ALONG EXPOSED TERRAIN ALONG LAKE SUPERIOR. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 10 INCHES IS POSSIBLE OVER HIGHER TERRAIN FROM IRONWOOD THROUGH WHITE PINE TO ROCKLAND... WHILE 7 TO 11 INCHES IS POSSIBLE FROM HERMAN THROUGH THE HURON MOUNTAINS TO NEGAUNEE. ACROSS THE REMAINDER OF NORTHERN UPPER MICHIGAN... TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES WILL BE MORE COMMON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING.
EXPECT ROADWAYS TO BECOME SNOW-COVERED AND SLIPPERY MAKING TRAVEL HAZARDOUS SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... SLOW DOWN AND ALLOW PLENTY OF EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION

....Im jealous