The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anybody that went last year encounter weather that would make the drive a lot longer. I am 14.5 hrs away. Curious if I should allow for 20 hrs

Never know in MI. I have been up there where every major east / west road was closed for 20+ hours. Last year we added an extra hour or two between the Bridge and Grayling because of snow.

Problem is Michigan has a lot of lake effect, and you never really know where, when, or how much will pop up. Leave an extra hour or two, and if you are early, more time to grab a nap or a beer the night of check in

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You never know when an accident as a result of the weather will happen either that can stop both directions of hwy traffic, specifically the 2 lane sections. Sometimes you can be stopped for 30 minutes or a couple hours. And depending on where its at, backtracking or taking an alternate route can be just as long as waiting it out. Have had this happen to me a couple times, and they're always in spots where you can only just sit and wait.

IMG-20110108-00002-1.jpg

bradsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm coming from Texas, so I'm leaving on Wednesday and planning to get there Thursday night just in case on bad weather along the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anybody that went last year encounter weather that would make the drive a lot longer. I am 14.5 hrs away. Curious if I should allow for 20 hrs

I drove through 3 hours of an ice storm in northern KY. The ice on my antenna was 3/4" in diameter or so. But, I had someplace to be and stayed on the road. There were a lot of people in the ditch that couldn't seem to figure out that ice storm=drive much more slowly and cautiously.

Just keep an eye on the weather a couple days before you expect to leave.

devildevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I can only imagine the amount the auction spot is going to bring!! I'm excited to watch the bids climb.

Anyone want to start a pool on how much it ends up at?

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are so many people contacting me about a spot. I should just sell my spot.

:gr_grin:

Don't think anybody would really want your spot. You guys have all the responsibility. You get to herd all of us through the UP. Perfectly happy to keep my spot as part of the herd. Just get to show up, have fun then go home.