The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is at the top of my wishlist for spring, so on the slim chance I dont take one of these coupons home, I will absolutely be stalking the winner:dancingpoop:

Well with that being said...This was absolutely a crappy prize I would never pick this again. I feel as though I got cheated.......(Got your back bro)....he he he ..."Follow the golden light"..lol...That was your quote last year wasn't it??

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hearing everybody with their truck problems makes this look like book two of a trilogy. Not to worry, there will be an epic finish.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That it was, I was straight cutthroat driving to be the one behind it :) Im sporting a nugget of my own now this year, well 3, got 2 in spot for up front.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My moment of truth comes tomorrow... Dealer was hoping to have the hub for my transfer case today and if all goes well hoping to have the truck together tomorrow. BUT, that's assuming they had all the necessary parts and they didn't sound 100% certain they identified all damage. If there's still a problem, they need to take it all back apart (Monday) and order new parts (Tuesday arrival at earliest) which really jeopardizes it being back rolling by Thursday. I didn't hear from them today so don't know what the status is right now.

Since this is the 3rd time my dealer has had the truck (a different dealer fixed IWEs and vacuum lines too) I'm very hesitant to believe it'll be completely fixed. I'd really like the opportunity to test it before the run but time is short so if it is rolling I'll need to have faith they did the job right.

Plus at this point it's been in the shop soo much that the spare isn't dropped and nothing is loaded/strapped in for the run. I know this may SHOCK everyone here who's met me but my massive muscles (obvious sarcasm for those of you who don't know me) can't just toss that spare around so I have help this weekend but if the truck's not ready or available I'm going to have a shit ton of work next week.

You get the truck there, we’ll help get the spare in the bed and what not.

In fact, why don’t you ask the dealer to drop it and put it in there for yeah?

BigBlueBalls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Should I go check out front?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

So my screensaver on my main computer at home runs pictures from last year's SnoBall. I just saw a pic of Kevin and Dustin walking in their goofy suits and I got an idea. Know those "Do Not Disturb" things you hang on your hotel door? I should have got some that say "Currently Engaged in *******" or "Do Not Disturb-Busy with *********** Asphyxiation".

Just a thought.

Todd, I only have one question for you. Does your wife know you're gay? Cuz if she does, would she be willing to hold a couple gopros for the up close and personal parts?

Side note-who doesn't enjoy a good choking? Receiving or giving end, doesn't matter to me.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
You get the truck there, we’ll help get the spare in the bed and what not. In fact, why don’t you ask the dealer to drop it and put it in there for yeah?

Thanks :) I did ask the dealer to drop it for me - twice and he keeps saying "oh yeah"... Hopefully they'll remember to do it!

Where there's a will there's a way and I'm still planning on it all working out!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your group lead driver has probably already expressed the importance of this message, but I wanted to stress it again.

P-U-B-L-I-C
S-E-R-V-I-C-E
A-N-N-O-U-N-C-E-M-E-N-T-!

Facts:
GLRE has organized the ultimate winter Raptor Run.
The State of Michigan has approved the designated route.
This is a Raptor Run that uses logging trails, off-road trails, public roads and highways.
The designated Route is the longest that the state has approved and took a lot of work on GLRE’s behalf.
The Michigan Dep. Of Natural Resources (DNR) & Law Enforcement know that 75 Raptors will be traversing the Upper Peninsula.

We as Raptor owners and drivers need to be conscious of pedestrians and other drivers. We do not necessarily have the right-away.

You may get caught up in the moment and punch it, if you find yourself going too fast, back it down. Don’t be afraid to coach you fellow Raptor drivers either, remind them of the speed.

One of the purposes of a speed limit is to allow drivers to be able to stop safely. The roads will be snowcoverd.

The DNR has requested that we have our Head Lights on ALL THE TIME.

Turn off your AUX lighting when coming into towns and when not on trails. (During the prerun, we had one truck get pulled over for failure to turn off Aux lights soon enough. Fortunately it was just a verbal warning. If you get pulled over, be respectful and honest. Your group will probably wait for you at the next town or stopping location.)

Be smart out there, we are representing the Raptor community.

Thanks,
Yukon Joe
Delta Lead

bradsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals... I'm needing to know if anyone is coming from, or will be going through Texas after the run. I'm looking for someone to get my race rack I'm selling closer to Lubbock Texas to save with shipping hassles. Potential buyer is willing to throw some $ your way for helping us out.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!

Hey Devildevil, I am coming from Dallas, TX, but its a 2 day driving trip for me and as I have my own bed rack, I don't have a way to secure it and guarantee its safety on the way back. Additionally, Lubbock is 5 hours from Dallas in the wrong direction from my Snoball path.

Sorry.

Brad