The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I paid 500 above invoice and was working out of town most of the last 6 months, so I never really complained, I do know that the regional Ford Rep that my dealer was in contact with, made a statement about the number of Screws that were on order and seemed to think that's was a factor in my case since I ordered a Scab.

I have yet to figure out the science on the whole order to delivery thing. I've heard "allocation", "order number", "priority" among other terms. None of it seemed to ring true. I know mine started down the assembly line on the 23rd and was delivered on the 5th. Build to delivery was very short (to my surprise). It was ordered on the 7th of March, so counting the 2 week factory shutdown in July, it was still well over the 12 to 14 weeks till delivery I was told. Just glad it's over!

All those terms mean different things. The longest part was waiting for me. The truck was built on 7/30. Made it to Houston by 8/6. Unloaded from railcar and sitting in the lot on 8/7. Trying to get it transported today 8/8 and hopefully take delivery tomorrow 8/9.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Van Bortel Update

Van Bortel Update: Steve Miller just told me that he was informed by Ford that he will only get 3 more 2013s. He has reached out to the 1st 3 guys in line asking them if they still want a 2013 or a 2014. If any of these orders opt for a 2014 then he will move down the line. Once these 3 2013s have been spoken for, everyone else on the wait list will default to 2014s. Steve will contact you if you are defaulting to the 2014 list.

Last edited:

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...wonder if other dealers were told a similar story. I'm now very curious to know how many 13's Ryan Ford (who has 8 people waiting for 2013's) is getting.

Let's assume you got a 2013 order scheduled in the next 2 weeks....you would be looking at having it built around early-mid September? Delivered maybe by late September? When are people expecting 2014's to be delivered to the dealerships? Late October? Later?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm...wonder if other dealers were told a similar story. I'm now very curious to know how many 13's Ryan Ford (who has 8 people waiting for 2013's) is getting.

Let's assume you got a 2013 order scheduled in the next 2 weeks....you would be looking at having it built around early-mid September? Delivered maybe by late September? When are people expecting 2014's to be delivered to the dealerships? Late October? Later?

Vehicle orders will sit in limbo for a long time. I'd imagine the first batch of 2014s will be nearly all dealer stock for the first month of production.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you opt for a 2014 then make sure you are 1st in line. I was 2nd in line for a 2013 and took delivery in Dec. You will most likely not get your 2014 until late Nov... so you know

Just got an update from Steve, I am second in line. Now I gotta figure out if I want to wait for a 14 or get a 13

flyanozira

Reaction score
Just off the phone with Ford: estimates are build in mid/late September, delivery by mid October. As others have noted, you want to save a few $$ you're going to wait, and wait, and wait. My issue is the dealer claims they have no access to this information, which I find unbelievable.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blood,

I heard from my dealer today saying my truck was in transit, but couldn't tell me anything else. I was wondering if you had any access to its whereabouts, or an ETA? Any help would be greatly appreciated as always!

1FTFX1R61DFD21406