The Detroit Auto Show - New Raptor Unveiling Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some very valid points in here about the whole GM V8 thing.

Does anyone know who is manufacturing the turbos for the ecoboost motors? is it just me or does it seem like a bunch of the top guys at ford have some kinda personal investment in whoever is supplying their turbos?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that why they originally introduced the 6.2 into the line-up, especially for the Raptor? That alone renders your post as borderline asinine. Almost everyone here adds more power to the their stock truck and will continue to do so w/ the next gen Raptor - regardless of how much power Ford provides in stock trim. Admitting that a manufacturer gave you enough power right from the showroom floor is the opposite of everything that is Man. Ever heard of Tim the ToolMan Allen (insert grunt here).

Goodness man, you sound like one of those guys that are extremely concerned w/ mpg when you purchase a vehicle. It doesn't matter what the Raptor was designed for - as the bottom line is it would do all that it was designed to do while causing a larger smile on one's face if it has more power. If the truck is gonna break more parts w/ anything stronger than a 3.5L ecoboost v6; then we should all be concerned that Ford completely missed the boat anyways.

As for a V8 worth a damn - nobody said Ford couldn't make one. We're all asking how come Ford won't give it to us.

ps - did you bring the horsepower per liter argument into this?? wow:supergay: honda forums are calling your name.

I see the butt hurt is strong with this one.

Figure out your history before you attempt to argue with me. The 6.2 was being sold on dealer lots in the superdutys before the raptor even made it out of PR production. The 6.2 wasn't especially built for the Raptor. The SD footed the 6.2 development bill. The Raptor got a tweaked 6.2 that months later was sold in regular f150s, only after the Raptor debuted with the 5.4. Again the truck was never about the engine.

It's not street truck

I never said anything about mpg. In fact, alot the post talking mpg are all the GM nut gobblers saying how much better the fuel economy is in your lswhatever powered pile of shit.

It's still not a street truck

Yep I said liter per hp. 500+hp out of 5.2l. Pretty amazing engineering. The best comeback you come up with is to go to a Honda forum?

The Raptor doesn't need more HP to accomplish what it was designed for. The current stock 6.2 is pretty good at breaking drivetrain parts. Add more power and those parts are broken easier. See how that works?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Figure out your history before you attempt to argue with me. The 6.2 was being sold on dealer lots in the superdutys before the raptor even made it out of PR production. The 6.2 wasn't especially built for the Raptor. The SD footed the 6.2 development bill. The Raptor got a tweaked 6.2 that months later was sold in regular f150s, only after the Raptor debuted with the 5.4. Again the truck was never about the engine.

It's not street truck

I never said anything about mpg. In fact, alot the post talking mpg are all the GM nut gobblers saying how much better the fuel economy is in your lswhatever powered pile of shit.

Yep I said liter per hp. 500+hp out of 5.2l. Pretty amazing engineering. The best comeback you come up with is to go to a Honda forum?

The Raptor doesn't need more HP to accomplish what it was designed for. The current stock 6.2 is pretty good at breaking drivetrain parts. Add more power and those parts are broken easier. See how that works?

flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note. Does Ford even know they are getting hammered (for the most part) for dropping the V8? Or are we all ****** and moaning to each other? Just curious if they follow the forums.

Rockafella

Reaction score

It's not street truck

You do realize that I have owned chevy and fords right? Saying someone is a nut-hugger of a brand when one is expressing the truths and shortcomings of each brand at their own right is the pot calling the kettle...

The power-plant of the raptor is a big deal. Just look at the comments all over the World Wide Web. And I fail to see ur point about amazing engineering when we've already stated bmw's affordable 5L was making 500 hp years ago - 500hp n/a was given to Chevy owners a decade ago. Performance guys don't care about hp per liter - we care about power to weight and again - chevy's 7L weighs about the same as fords 5L engines and actually has a lower center of gravity which is s big deal in the handling department.

Saying you want a truck that performs - and then saying you don't care about the power-plant; baffles me. Regardless of the event - more power on tap is better. Learning how to control that power w/in the means of your vehicle is part of the challenge. If your're breaking parts you can blame your left foot - and that's a lot better than getting left behind when you're dashing across a plowed field (hey I'm on the east coast) w/ ur foot to the floor and u just can't keep up.

Bottom line - give me the power, I'll always enjoy trying to harness it and I believe most "enthusiasts" also feel this way. If the Raptor wasn't built for enthusiasts, then I'm not sure who it was built for?? And yeah, I understand the rest of the package - but that's not what people are complaining about; and I understand.

Sent by iPhone via Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

On a side note. Does Ford even know they are getting hammered (for the most part) for dropping the V8? Or are we all ****** and moaning to each other? Just curious if they follow the forums.

Wait for it - you'll be told it's the way of the future. Blame the EPA.... BlahBlah - And at the same time GM and Dodge will keep putting powerful V8's in cars all across their line-ups.

My favorite commercial ever was, and I'll leave the brand out of it - a commercial where Kate Walsh is driving and she says the real question is

"When You Turn Your Car On, Does It Return the Favor?"

I've used that line on my wife to explain several non-sensible vehicle purchases since - my raptor being one of them. I'm sorry, but I've cranked an ecoboost up from the drivers seat more than once. It did nothing for me. Although it performs well - I'd just like a little rumble in my truck please.

Sent by iPhone via Tapatalk