The Detroit Auto Show - New Raptor Unveiling Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The exterior gets a solid 8. That tailgate is fugly, we don't need front and rear, thats just putting us in the compensation for undersized genatelia category, don't need that much flare. As for the Front I dig it. The headlights make it look badass IMO. Don't like the markers in the flare, hopefully that changes. The grille is what it is, would I like it to look almost identical to the ours now, yes but with the overall F150 grille change it wasn't going to happen. I pray for the hood to be changed. I don't like it at all, bring back the dual vents with some rise and now we're talking. As for the rear/bedsides, it's OK. I'm not really a huge fan of the new F150 rear, I think its to unpronounced. It shows on the Raptor here where they had to bring a Chevy like flare out to get the width they wanted.

The interior gets a 10. Those seats look awesome. Looks just as comfy as our current seats. Overall though the interior looks fantastic. LOVE the paddle shifters.

Not to sure about the engine choice, I get the power but just something about that V8 sound you can't replace. Turbo blowoff will never come close to satisfying my inner child, thats reserved for STI's or TT V8's.

Can't wait to see one in person. My next Raptor will either be a 14 SCREW or an 18 SCREW, we'll see which one wins.

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need to pay mine off early so I can grab one in 2018. A first and second gen Raptor in the stable what could be better?

IMO they hit on all points in the looks dept. It sounds like they went 3.0's as well with Fox. Great start to a Monday, thanks Ford! And once again the competition, oh yeah they are back there barely visible in the rear view.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there no supercrew version?

Car and Driver article said both available.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Need to pay mine off early so I can grab one in 2018. A first and second gen Raptor in the stable what could be better?

IMO they hit on all points in the looks dept. It sounds like they went 3.0's as well with Fox. Great start to a Monday, thanks Ford! And once again the competition, oh yeah they are back there barely visible in the rear view.

I think there are more than a few of us working to do just that! One of each! Still need to know more over time and try to get over the 3.5. Otherwise, get another used one.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's cool outside of the tailgate. I kind of wish they would have redesigned the front bumper for a better angle. It looks like the old one with more curves.

I am glad to have mine though. Perhaps we have the only V8's ever made in raptors. I may get a new one, but Ill never sell the 14' I have. Little piece of automotive history here.

Last edited: