Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
hey got a question for everyone using the lowrance elite-5m gps systems how are you guys mounting them in the truck i want something i can remove whenever im not using it and a place thats convenient enough to use it while driving and all.

ideas please and pics if you got em thanks

I made one out of a 1x2, some spraypaint, and some loctite 2 sided tape. Its not as clean as the outlaw unit but the price was right and I can pull the gps out easily and only have a small mount left. I can see it just fine from the driver's seat.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be heading out late Friday afternoon from Frisco. I am bringing my 2 boys. HS doesnt get out till around 4pm.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull them out early! My best memories growing up were when my dad would pull me out of class to go hunting! All those other losers were stuck in class, and here we are driving to the ranch, drinking beers!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I made one out of a 1x2, some spraypaint, and some loctite 2 sided tape. Its not as clean as the outlaw unit but the price was right and I can pull the gps out easily and only have a small mount left. I can see it just fine from the driver's seat.

I'll have to look into that I kinda like te idea of something small and not that noticeable. But I did send Joey an email asking about an angled mount so we will see what he says

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Hey neighbor, we be in plano. You need to hook up with us and CONVOY out there on that Friday morn. I think the initial plan is to meet on the west side of Ft Worth and train out. I KNOW we would be the center of all the CB radio chatter on the way out! HAHAHa. should be between 6-10 of us I think?

Also, there are 4-8 of us that hook up for lunch and the Dallas Cars and Coffee on the first Saturday at the BMW dealer on Springcreek and the tollroad in plano. Come on out. You would be my first red raptor in person.

BDRAG

Hey BDRAG whT time do you guys plan on meeting up on that Friday mornin? I would love to jump in that convoy haha the only problem is its like a 2.5 hour drive north up I35 for me so I'd have to wake up pretty early but nothing new the army has me up at 530 let me know the info and I will be there!! :peace:

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that I kinda like te idea of something small and not that noticeable. But I did send Joey an email asking about an angled mount so we will see what he says

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Hey BDRAG whT time do you guys plan on meeting up on that Friday mornin? I would love to jump in that convoy haha the only problem is its like a 2.5 hour drive north up I35 for me so I'd have to wake up pretty early but nothing new the army has me up at 530 let me know the info and I will be there!! :peace:

Skip the convoy and take the backroads. Pretty drive.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or come up the backroads with the guys from San Antonio...

I need to figure out who to invite, because I need a driver for either the Raptor or the RV.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea that's the way I was originally gonna go but since I don't get to hang out with other raptor owners or let alone see another raptor around here I think it would be pretty sweet looking with all our raptors Rollin down te road haha

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Who all is going to be coming up front the San Antonio area?

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I will be comming from Kansas city, though OK... Love to meet up with other northerners heading south..

-Greg

Extra laps for you if you can get me Oklahoma Joes ribs (still hot please)...

Speaking of BBQ. How many people would be interested in a BBQ cater for Saturday night ($10-$15 per plate)? Might be able to convince them to make breakfast tacos as well.