Texas Folks - Trucks Are Here (Somewhere)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e7a8106d2207ad0e1e9f15d265aa4e3a.jpg

It has arrived! Picking it up on Monday. It would have to be Sunday tomorrow...

gyrotech

Reaction score
Yeah, I managed to get it for MSRP. Initially when I inquired about ordering the raptor, they said they wanted 10K over MSRP. Would not budge. I refused that and found another dealer about 2 hours away from where I lived that would do MSRP. It was a pretty small dealer and the GM didn't think I would get it till sometime in 2017. A couple weeks later I get a call from Mac Haik telling me they would agree to MSRP. I was number 5 of their 27 allocations. I suspect to many buyers refused their 10K markup. Given that I live 5 minutes away, I cancelled my order with the small dealer and went with them. I was a bit concerned, though, reading all the negative reviews about Mac Haik here before closing the deal. It all worked out pretty well.

It seems that at some point in November, all of the dealerships in town colluded at 5k over msrp. Mac haik was the only one that would budge and get it down to 4K. I took that deal to another dealer hoping to get them down, and the mac haik guy called me two hours later about getting crap from the other dealer for selling at 4K over.

I managed to snag mine out of state, but at msrp. Worth it. Mine is AG with 802a. I love it. No real complaints. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raptorcat

Reaction score
It seems that at some point in November, all of the dealerships in town colluded at 5k over msrp. Mac haik was the only one that would budge and get it down to 4K. I took that deal to another dealer hoping to get them down, and the mac haik guy called me two hours later about getting crap from the other dealer for selling at 4K over.

I managed to snag mine out of state, but at msrp. Worth it. Mine is AG with 802a. I love it. No real complaints. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought price fixing was illegal. I guess the dealerships will do anything to make a buck. I do think that I got really lucky with getting mine at MSRP at Mac Haik, but I would have done the same thing as you and gone out of state to get one at a good price.

Congratulations on your truck as well. Looks like I have the identical truck.

Boosted

Reaction score
Jordan Ford in SA got in an Oxford White SCrew over the weekend and delivered it already. They are expecting a Ruby Red SCrew this week. I saw the Oxford White one before it was delivered. It looks really good in white.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Ford in SA got in an Oxford White SCrew over the weekend and delivered it already. They are expecting a Ruby Red SCrew this week. I saw the Oxford White one before it was delivered. It looks really good in white.

My Ruby Red Screw is at the rail yard in SA and my dealer is trying to pick it up for me before it gets loaded on a transport truck.
I went through Chapparal Ford in Devine and they sell at MSRP for everything.

Boosted

Reaction score
My Ruby Red Screw is at the rail yard in SA and my dealer is trying to pick it up for me before it gets loaded on a transport truck.
I went through Chapparal Ford in Devine and they sell at MSRP for everything.

That's good to know. I'm a bit southeast of SA and looking for a local dealer that will sell one at MSRP.