GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw - thanks for the link about the airbag problem. That little led component coming loose is probably the culprit. I thought one looks “suspect”. They are very fragile and only held on by tiny solder joints.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got mine dialed in and setup how I like it. Still trying to decide if I prefer CarPlay/Sync versus CarPlay/Android. Using CarPlay via Sync is closer to the OEM setup but not as slick as going straight to the Android head unit. Also, the “console” or Sync emulator seems kind wonky next to the Android version.

My Sync setup always goes to media tab 2 and user button 2 on startup. At least it’s consistent, but it’s weird and AutoTec says that’s they way it is, no fix.

I opted for T-Mobile data card 2Gb for $10/month. Out here in the Midwest there really isn’t a 2Gb limitation - at least no throttling I can perceive.

331B03BD-ADD6-4F3F-9F69-68EC42F8D541.jpeg