GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caleb

Reaction score
I think what @nikhsub1 said still works in a 2018. I have a 2018, and that’s what I have used (Apple dongle) previous to this radio and it worked great.

I might start a thread with FAQs on this radio - not sure the best approach. I have several questions!

There is a thread on the F150 forum that’s seems to be 100s of lines and it’s all over the place.
There is already a specific thread for this radio here.

caleb

Reaction score
Huh? I have an 18 and have carplay? Not sure what you mean.
Was CarPlay an option or standard in ‘18? I don’t remember, when I had my ‘18 it was a custom order with every option and I had CarPlay but don’t recall if CarPlay was one of those options :D

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, so far the Bluetooth connectivity has been 50/50. With the oem radio, I used a CarPlay dongle it worked great but did require BT and WiFi.

So with the Android screen I did set it up with the BT connection (CarPlay dongle disconnected). That worked sometimes. I just tried clearing the Android BT connection and trying the CarPlay dongle again. It did nothing.

I like the CarPlay setup - I basically want my phone on the screen as the default with Sync3 functionality except I would like the ability to toggle over to a hotspot Android tablet on occasion.

No idea if it’s possible or how to get there.

Anyone doing anything like this?

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I am getting an occasional passenger airbag detection warning. Has anyone been able to clear this?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, I am getting an occasional passenger airbag detection warning. Has anyone been able to clear this?
Yes. Is yours up on the dash on the tachometer side?

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to happen after a passenger rides in the truck and gets out of the vehicle. Happened twice this morning.
3C50A873-EE56-430B-8483-5EFB5CF0A232.jpeg
It seems to happen when a passenger gets out of the vehicle after a trip.