Sync 3.4 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally did the update to v3.4 via USB. I questioned a Ford online support person about it not being available over WiFi. After holding quite a while they informed me it’s not available for download over WiFi at this time. Whether it’s truly this update or they are not using OTA updating basically. This is suppose to be a big feature in the ‘21s

Anyway I left the truck to go to sleep for a couple of hours. Sync never came back up after performing the update. Will check later.

For those of you that show your at a lower level of Sync online, then Your truck really is. You can select and Hit browse for the log file on the flash drive after you have completed the update. This will be on fordowner.com and the same page as where you performed the download from. So in the future you can truly see if an update is available, that you don’t have. See below

38DAC1CB-C8C7-4DF3-A812-19A28BC672B3.jpeg

Last edited:

jcomar1

Reaction score
Online tells me mine is up to date on version V3.0. Do I have to wait until they allow to to download V3.4 or can I get it from someone else?

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the route I went. The utility will automatically format your USB drive to work with the sync system. One thing to be aware of is if you update from 3.0 to 3.4, then you are only able to rollback to version 3.3 if you come across a buggy release so just make sure it is something you are fine with. Did it on the sync 3 unit in my 2013 and couldn't be happier.

Grimmwit

Reaction score
For those who can't get the download to show in the Ford website, this is the download link that I was offered --
5U5T-14G381-ED.zip

My truck is a 2020 802a for whatever that may be worth noting.

I have no opinion about whether this will work for the Sync 3.0 folks. Attempt at your own risk.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It worked!! Just as described on the cyanlabs link. Took about 27 minutes (2 beers). Started the truck. Plugged in the USB and bingo! Make sure you do a master reset in the sync options once it boots back up. Most have issues when they don’t do that.

Also, this usb is ready to rock and roll if anyone wants it. PayPal me some $ for shipping and I’ll send it your way. Maybe we start an update thread and keep the chain...usb?....going?? f93346d0b8be87bae31548a31883e272.jpg

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 19 802A. Does the Fordpass app push updates or does it need to be over wifi or USB? The whole updating process seems to be easily 10,000x more cumbersome than it needs to be.